Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to make my kit work? Right now I have an AFE torque tube on.

This is what my kit looks like. I have highlighted the parts I have in red and the parts I need in blue. Any help will be appreciated.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know I can't use my torque tube, I am selling that.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
1,259 Posts
I cut about eight inches(I think) of some left over chrome exhaust pipe that I had and put in between the two elbows. I just used the same clamps, but make sure they get tight cause its a little smaller than the stock baffle.

· Registered
700 Posts
All you need is that last piece of 5" pipe. The last elbow is the stock one and will work with the new pipe.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All you need is that last piece of 5" pipe. The last elbow is the stock one and will work with the new pipe.

I talked to the guy I bought it from and the only thing I need now is the factory rubber elbow that connects to the turbo. It is a 5" elbow right?

· Registered
3,699 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
all you'll ever need can be bought at intakehoses.com I love my willy's whistler. My truck sounds like a 747 taking off and working around jets all day you should see how people look at my truck. I suggest either having a box built around it or finding a way to place it next to the opening for the old stock box or down where it can get more cold air.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aluminum Intake Tubing 5.5" OD X 6" Long: Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps

here is the piece you need. You may need to cut it shorter. I had to so i could close my hood with out hitting the filter. Like Blktaws6 said, that bottom piece is a stock piece. It goes from 5.5 to 4inch to mount up to the turbo.
I have that piece... I don't know what I was looking for in the beginning. I bought my truck with a torque tube on it so the factory elbow is MIA, that is why I am looking for another one.

· Registered
3,699 Posts
I have that piece... I don't know what I was looking for in the beginning. I bought my truck with a torque tube on it so the factory elbow is MIA, that is why I am looking for another one.
gotcha, maybe try a junk yard. could probably get one pretty cheap. Of course the stealership would have one but that would be my last resort.

Maybe but a listing in the classifiedes that you are lookin for one. someone very well could have one that they are not using

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotcha, maybe try a junk yard. could probably get one pretty cheap. Of course the stealership would have one but that would be my last resort.

Maybe but a listing in the classifiedes that you are lookin for one. someone very well could have one that they are not using

Yeah, I think my best bet will be to find someone who will trade me their stock intake piping for my torque tube... as long as they pay for shipping on both so no $$$ comes out of my pocket I'll be happy. I think that is a good deal.

· Registered
3,699 Posts
I think that is fair. A torque tube for a stock part...try putting it in the classifides.

BTW you will love the "willys Whistler"

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that is fair. A torque tube for a stock part...try putting it in the classifides.

BTW you will love the "willys Whistler"
Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you want to hear how a turbo sounds with the Whistler type of setup. Look at my photobucket videos of my Dodge.
I have already looked at those videos, haha. I can't wait to get mine on, it is driving me insane.

· Registered
474 Posts
I just gutted my tourque tube and made an adaptor out of pvc pipe and put an amsoil 4510 filter on the end? You guys think I would see diff. results if I did this? Has anybody made a heat shield for it yet?

· Registered
1,030 Posts
I've seen quite a few BHAF's made out of PVC w/good results. I almost did the same but opted for kit as the price wasn't much diff. in the end.

Oh, one more thing, where's the pics?! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.