Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Toyo MT 35/12.50’s on BMF 20x9’s with 5” back spacing. The truck is stock height, I had to secure the inner fender liners back to prevent it from rubbing and now it doesn’t rub at all. My question is, when I install my 3” lift coils the axle will be pulled back a bit, is it possible that is might rub with the lift if it does not at stock height?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It is definitely possible they will begin to rub after the lift, can't say for sure though. Just gonna have to see what it'll do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I need both a track bar and controll arms but cant decide which one to buy first. I can only get one right now and would like to get the greatest benfit for the buck. If there was a good chance that it wouldnt rub without control arms, I would go with the track bar but it sounds like the control arms are more critical at this point. Any additional thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did a 2" leveling kit on my truck and noticed after my front wheels shifted back a little so thats what made up my mind to get the adjustable track bar first. Till today I still haven't got new control arms yet. I think the adjustable track bar would be better just from my own experience but see if anyone else says differently....:confused013:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a 2" leveling kit on my truck and noticed after my front wheels shifted back a little so thats what made up my mind to get the adjustable track bar first. Till today I still haven't got new control arms yet. I think the adjustable track bar would be better just from my own experience but see if anyone else says differently....:confused013:
I ran the same 3" springs on my 2010 (pic in my avitar) with 35x11.50's on 18x9 wheels (5"BS), stock track bar and control arms. No rubbing at all with the same minor fender liner mod. I think I will jack up the body tonight to simulate a three inch lift and cycle the wheels back and forth to see if it rubs. If it doesnt, I will order a track bar;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I jacked up the body to simulate a 3 " lift and then rotated the wheel lock to lock without any rubbing. I has 1/2" worst case. Track bar is on order.
thanks for the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.