Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i remove the cat and just have 4 inch straight out the back? I have no muffler.
Thanks,
Derek

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,295 Posts
i have the same set up and it does drone a little bit,
but i looooooove the sound of the straight 4" ...

if you tow alot, then yes it will drone, but i STILL love
it.

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
:ditto: x2 don't think about it just do it, i tried telling you but you just don't believe me do ya? :lol4: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
my 5 inch has a drone only when pulling a load

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
it will drone bad while towing

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with don't think about it just do it, nothing beats a strait pipe roar, you will not get that much drone...

·
Registered
602 Posts
It sounds awesome but yes there is drone and it get very old on the highway, very fast.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
When I had a straight pipe on my truck the drone was so bad at highway speeds that a couple times I put in earplugs.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have duals on my truck with the MBRP muffler and get lots of drone while towing.Mostly up hills."Roar" = Drone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have MBRP muffler without cat and does not drone

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mine with a aftermarket cat and no muff was perfect i should hace never touched it!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I agree with agalaczy, I have duals with cat and mbrp muffler and get a drone around 2k - 2.4k while towing. I am thinking about removing the muffler and putting on one of wally's from fte resonator. Would it still drone?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes, there will be drone - especially when towing. I didn't mind it at first but it got old. Now I have a big Donaldson on mine and it's back to being fairly quiet.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i have a TB silverline 5" with muf delete and no drone at al! sounds amazing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts