Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a really dumb question I was told that my SB 727 will not bolt up to my 12V so which transmissions will bolt up but do not requite an electronic valve body besides a 727 i have yet to find one and i am not very knowledgeable in what trans is what with dodge.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
None of the gasser 727's will not bolt to the cummins engine adapter. You need the diesel auto trans.

The 518/46Rh is a fully hyd trans. All it needs is a signal wire for OD.

The 618/47RH is a lockup full hyd trans. All it needs is a signal wire for converter lockup and OD.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
None of the gasser 727's will not bolt to the cummins engine adapter. You need the diesel auto trans.

The 518/46Rh is a fully hyd trans. All it needs is a signal wire for OD.

The 618/47RH is a lockup full hyd trans. All it needs is a signal wire for converter lockup and OD.
Thats right you will need a diesel trans one because it won't bolt up, 2 beause if it did bolt up it would probably last a week. Gasser have high end torque mean they get there max torque a 3000rpm were diesels have low end torque and they get there max torque usually 1800rpms and lower. Thats what will tear up the trans.

Are you going for power, in not and just going for mpg, the 3.9 might be a better way to go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
any engine will fit into anything...The only things you have to contemplate is whether your hammer is big enough, your grinder is big enough, and your welder is big enough....everything else just falls into place

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
any engine will fit into anything...The only things you have to contemplate is whether your hammer is big enough, your grinder is big enough, and your welder is big enough....everything else just falls into place
:lol3:
If it don't fit make it fit. Weres a bigger hammer.:lol3:

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
as long as the axles will hold up it should bolt right in with minor mod's I know on my 85 crewcab and also the 81 I will be working on shortly its all a bolt in job pretty much .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts