Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 89 w250 diesel mud truck and am planning on sending the ex. pipe through the hood. Will it affect spool up? I have heard it will lag even worse because of no backpressure but I thought backpressure was the exhaust getting built up in the exhaust "clogging up the flow in which I would think that would lag more than getting rid of exhaust quickly through a 24" piece of 5" pipe. Also trying to find who builds the best V tread tires. My good years have about 3" lugs and a stinking new firestone has 1.5" . But, I have seen some v treads that have almost 4" lugs. Need to know brands. Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Diesels dont need back pressure for the engine.. the turbo is enough back pressure and it wont effect spool up at all..i wouldnt think. BossHog600 has a hood stack on his truck I would contact him

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
what kind of set up on the hood stack allows the hood to be opened and shut without having to remove a section of it ? would love to put a hood stack on my dd, but have no idea how that works. any pics ?

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
dizzamn ! that stack is awesome. not sure how the passenger would appreciate it when your foot is all the way on the skinny pedel though. talk about some coal smoke rollin in the cab !

thing look sick though !!! love it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ya its sweet but im pretty sure its illegal pretty much every but Indiana haha.. It looks awesome when he gets on it going down the road

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on cutting out a slot in the hood and just putting a flap on each side of the slot to keep the flying mud from coming in. Going to weld the spiders in the front and rear also. I have done the rears before and it has lasted forever. The fronts will be a first for me but I hear as long as you leave your hubs unlocked until you need it locked it will turn alright.

·
Rockin' the Hoodstack
560 Posts

I have ridden in the passenger seat in mine, the smoke blows over the cab and its not a problem. The big 6" pipe does kinda block your view though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cumminsontherocks has a 12v mud truck with rice and cane v treads and a hood stack.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts

I have ridden in the passenger seat in mine, the smoke blows over the cab and its not a problem. The big 6" pipe does kinda block your view though.
Wouldn't be the stack that blocked my view ---
It'd be that OTHER hood ornament :hyper::hyper::rof

·
Rockin' the Hoodstack
560 Posts
So far that is what I have been able to find out for here in TX. The stack has to be level with or higher than the cab.

·
Rockin' the Hoodstack
560 Posts
You have to also watch out for the noise level and the amount of smoke too because there is that whole more than 10 seconds of continous smoke thing but you can could get in trouble for either one of those with or without the stack. One of the downfalls to the stack is not getting to blow the smoke on the person that you are intending to. The wind tends to carry it in all directions instead of blowing it on the car behind you like a conventional exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts