Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buy a 5" exhaust for a buddys truck and i was making sure that it will fit between the frame and the bellhousing. Its a 2001 6spd HO quadcab. I asume that they make 5" downpipes for a reason and that they will but i noticed that my 4 inch pipe was close.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They don't make 5" Dp's for 2nd gens. You have to go witha 4 inch, then an adaptor, then you can run the 5".
I don't know, I have a 5" downpipe for my truck, but I don't know how it fits yet as I haven't installed the twins...
I'll let you know as soon as I have it installed.
mishkaya

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
yes you can get a 5" DP, i have an 02 HO with 5" turbo back, its a snug fit but it is 5" all the way. There is plenty of room between the rail and the t-case.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok im just going to order it and hope it fits fine lol

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
not to hijack the thread cuz i'm curious about the 5" as well. what would a 5" turbo back to my dual 7" bullhaulers sound like? i'm thinkin about doin this anyway:woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Gus at farmboys diesel will hook u up with some 5in.I thought the only way you could run a 5in downpipe is if you have twins on a 2nd gen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts