Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if they do, what's a good backspacing? i'll be running 33-35" tires.
if not, what' s a good backspacing for a 16" wheel with the same size tire? i'm going for an 8" wide wheel either way.

·
Go sharpen your hooves!
669 Posts
no, 15s will not fit unless you grind away a significant portion of the front calipers, not sure about the rears, but i would go with a 16x8 wheel with 4.5" of backspacing

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeahm, i thought there might be a clearance issue. dammit, 15" tires are so much cheaper!
ok, so 4.5" bs on an 8" would work? will that stick out at all? i dont want them to very much, just a little.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
I've ran 15's on a D60 front from a chevy. I had to grind the heck out of the calipers though. I'd assume you could do the same for the Dodge.

How is the 15 cheaper? Are you considering the fact of buying the 15's wheels too? It'll take a few sets of tires to realize that savings.

·
Go sharpen your hooves!
669 Posts
nah, an 8 inch wide wheel with 4.5" backspace dont stick out bad...matter of fact i think its the standard size of many aftermarket wheel companies. wouldnt go any wider than a 315 (35") though. 285's look good on 16x8s for 33"s. they are a 33x11.50 IIRC, also 295s in Nittos and BFG ATs

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've ran 15's on a D60 front from a chevy. I had to grind the heck out of the calipers though. I'd assume you could do the same for the Dodge.

How is the 15 cheaper? Are you considering the fact of buying the 15's wheels too? It'll take a few sets of tires to realize that savings.
well, i would want new 16" wheels too along with the tires, so a 15" combo would be cheaper. i don't want to run a 12.5" wide tire on a 6.5" wide stock wheel.

nah, an 8 inch wide wheel with 4.5" backspace dont stick out bad...matter of fact i think its the standard size of many aftermarket wheel companies. wouldnt go any wider than a 315 (35") though. 285's look good on 16x8s for 33"s. they are a 33x11.50 IIRC, also 295s in Nittos and BFG ATs
yup, that's what i was going for 315 75's. going with an mt though, a/ts just don't get it around here in our thick clay/mud.

Also note the weight ratings on the 15" tires. You'll loose some hauling capacity.
i just did think about that, i don't think they have anything more than a D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts