Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a guy tell me he had 500 horse, so i asked him what kind of boost he was hitting, he said about 40psi. his truck is fast, but i have hit 50psi in my truck and i know im not at 500 horse. Is he full of it? im just asking is there a ratio for boost compared to hp?

·
3,998 Posts
he is probably right......ask him what his last dyno run looked like. boost:power ratio..........................eh their related but its not an exact ratio because different turbos, and all kinda other crap. for instance a stock hx35 can boost pretty high, but once you reach a certain point its just blowing hot air and your not making any more power anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from what i could see, it looked stock and his truck ran hotter than hell too.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If he has a stock turbo it is impossible to hit 500 hp. now if he hit 500hp on only 40lbs of boost he has a bigger volume of 40lbs of air goin into that motor.

in theory an 8" pipe full of 40lb of pressurized air is not the same as a 4" pipe filled with 40lbs of pressurized air.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok that makes more sense, i gotcha.

·
3,998 Posts
if hes pushin 500 ponies breathin through that hx35............................he might just be the guy we go to church to talk to:rof

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, no kidding. i'll ask him when i see him again what he's got, then ill know if he's full of it

·
Registered
182 Posts
456 was the highest i got on a HX35 and the only way i got that was with a piece of Duct tape of the pyro.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i had a guy tell me he had 500 horse, so i asked him what kind of boost he was hitting, he said about 40psi. his truck is fast, but i have hit 50psi in my truck and i know im not at 500 horse. Is he full of it? im just asking is there a ratio for boost compared to hp?
Whos truck, and what does it look like ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.