Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some wierd codes in the dash. There WERE 4 of them and now there are only 2 but EVERY time I check the codes on the dash the first one changes by 2. Ex. The code I first got was A4 76 and the second time I checked the codes in the dash I got A4 78 and so on. The other code I get is A8 00 but it hasn't changed yet. When it had 4 codes popping up I took it to the dodge dlrship to have them read the codes and tell me what they mean and one was a TCC Controler Low Voltage. Another was something about an Overdrive sensor (Which is funny because the truck is a 2005 3500 dually 6spd 4X4) The next was an Acceleration Sylanoid Low Voltage and I forget what the last one was...However, I changed the speed sensor on the rear end yesterday and 2 of the codes were gone. I haven't got the chance to go back to the dodge dlrship for lil bit and I am trying to fix it myself but I can't find out what the 2 codes left mean anywhere. I haven't found a list that has the codes that are still coming up. They are : (1st one that changes every time by 2) A4 76 and A8 00. Does anyone know what they mean or perhaps where I may find an archive for the C-Codes listed? (Just to clarify these are not codes generated by turning the key back and forth 3 times. I hold the trip odometer button and turn the key from the off position to the run position and where my odometer is these codes flash after the "C-Code" flashes) PLEASE HELP :CRY:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the list

I had a diagnostic tool put on it today and 10 freakin automatic transmission codes came up and only 4 of them could be erased. The guy told me that the wrong ECM was on the truck and that I should find a new one. Any advice on where to get one? I called the dodge dlrship and they want $1800 for a new one and I have it but personnally I just don't want to spend that much and I have a feeling that I could get another some place else for cheaper...perhaps off of a wrecked truck like mine?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I am getting some wierd codes in the dash. There WERE 4 of them and now there are only 2 but EVERY time I check the codes on the dash the first one changes by 2. Ex. The code I first got was A4 76 and the second time I checked the codes in the dash I got A4 78 and so on. The other code I get is A8 00 but it hasn't changed yet. When it had 4 codes popping up I took it to the dodge dlrship to have them read the codes and tell me what they mean and one was a TCC Controler Low Voltage. Another was something about an Overdrive sensor (Which is funny because the truck is a 2005 3500 dually 6spd 4X4) The next was an Acceleration Sylanoid Low Voltage and I forget what the last one was...However, I changed the speed sensor on the rear end yesterday and 2 of the codes were gone. I haven't got the chance to go back to the dodge dlrship for lil bit and I am trying to fix it myself but I can't find out what the 2 codes left mean anywhere. I haven't found a list that has the codes that are still coming up. They are : (1st one that changes every time by 2) A4 76 and A8 00. Does anyone know what they mean or perhaps where I may find an archive for the C-Codes listed? (Just to clarify these are not codes generated by turning the key back and forth 3 times. I hold the trip odometer button and turn the key from the off position to the run position and where my odometer is these codes flash after the "C-Code" flashes) PLEASE HELP :CRY:
The codes change / increment due to ignition cycles. These relate only to cluster concerns or cluster communications with other modules and are assemble line codes. We dont use those codes , We use the scan tool for all diagnostics on this year of truck. Those codes are used for diagnostics during assemble and the codes may not be the same as those that are listed for earlier trucks. Your truck may still be covered under the factory warranty. I suggest you ask them to rescan for all engine and transmission and cluster faults .
Have the dealer rescan trans , brake, engine cluster and have they write them down in code form, like P-0700 .for engine and trans and write them out for the brake, cluster, faults.

Hope this helps clear those codes up. ask for more info if needed. I got this answer from a Dodge tech, and it seems the codes are probably related to the wrong ECM. How did you get the wrong ECM. If it was a assembly fault then the replacement should be covered under warranty. I have gotten quotes off of the internet for replacement computers in the 500 dollar range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P0882 - TCM Power Input Signal Low
P0973 - Shift Solenoid Low
P2769 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Low
P0869 - Transmission Fluid Pressure High

All Automatic Transmission Codes!!!

Could not be erased with the scan tool. Another chapter to the story... I put a Bully Dog Triple Dog Programmer on the truck a while back that caused all these problems. It was off of the same truck except that it was an automatic. Now, ALL the directions were followed when taking the programmer software off the truck it was originally on, when loaded onto mine AND when unloaded. It was a kinda old programmer and it DID NOT have an option for automatic or manual transmission. I just assumed it would detect it itself. Guess I was wrong... Now my question is, can dodge detect that it was an aftermarket programmer that changed the software on the ECM or not? If not, would it still be considered an assembly fault if the truck has over 100,000 miles on it? Also, where were the replacement computers found for $500? The cheapest place I have found is $700 and is located here. Auto Computer Exchange

I do appreciate the help and interest!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sorry I was not more specific. I was referring to the Alpha codes, in my previous post. All Alpha codes are codes that are Assembly related fault codes, and used on the assembly line to fix faults. You might find a friendly mech at the stealership that will support the fact that the codes should have been caught and removed before it came off of the assembly line. I would find someone that works at the ship and buy a few beers after work. Should be cheaper than 500 700 or 1800 bucks. I would tell them that you do not know what they are talking about (remove the Bully Dog, before you go in, and tell them that you are getting the A4 74 and 76 codes, and all of the sudden started having problems. You might want to take it to a different dealer. I will have to go back and take a look at where I got the quote. I think I used JunKYardDog.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the help! I think I am just gonna try replacing the ECM...I would find a nice guy at the dealership to take out for a beer but I don't think that one exists up there...I'm only 21 and I just about had to go off on someone before the stopped treating me like I was bringing daddy's truck up there. I am however happy to say that they will make no money nor get no business from me. I have found a replacement ECM on the internet for MUCH cheaper than that of the Dodge dlrship in El Mira, New York.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Help!

I just wanted to let yall know that I did end up getting another ECM for the truck and all the problems were fixed. Thanks for the help and all. Taking some advice from 1 of you saved me alot of money in finding this part. Coming strait from the dlrship the ECM was $1890 and I have never been a big internet buyer for obvious fraud reasons but I did it this time and found one WITH overnight shipping for $750. I appreciate it guys and I will definitely be coming to yall for any future problems. This place has been a big help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts