Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 inch lift w/ 37's but it should effect my mpg that much

Today I got 7.7 mpg to the tank with light city driving only(no highway) The best MPG I have ever got was all highway driving and all I got was 11mpg. What is wrong with my truck because I drive like an old lady.

Truck has 2600 miles so its not broke in but I have some friends who get WAY better milage with similar milage

·
Registered
393 Posts
You need A Chip... You need to get a chip or programmer, maybe a Edge or Eully Dog set up. Whatch the MPG go up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
DPF and EGR delete, cold air intake, edge juice and mp-8. That should help your milage out a bit.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Somethings wrong with it! It should get better fuel mileage than a semi.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Are the new Cummins 6.7's the same as the new semi's? Meaning, does the truck lose power and make you pull over, sit for 45 min. so that the truck can regenerate?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dpf is the reason...
no because most others are getting quite a bit better milage. Yes the chips will improve the mpg but without them they should be getting at lease 12 not 7.7

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
your tires play a big part too. are you auto or manual, what gears?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
It has a lot to do with the lift and tires. You are making the engine work hard, plug the DPF more often and cause more regens. More regens = Less MPGs. You can take it to the dealer and make sure you have the latest flash done. I believe its either the AP/AQ for your 08.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have buddies with the same truck as me and they swear that they get 18 to 20 MPG. The best that I ever got before the deletes was 11 to 12. Now I get a constant 14+ even if I drive like it is stolen.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Speedo corrected?? That made up the diff on my truck :lol3:

·
Registered
110 Posts
no because most others are getting quite a bit better milage. Yes the chips will improve the mpg but without them they should be getting at lease 12 not 7.7
:agree2:

My dually with 35" swampers gets a crappy 12.5 mpg, with all emissions equip. intact and no power adders yet.

Even if your quoted 7.7 mpg was not corrected for 37" tire diameter, your mpg is still too low. Something is not right

1 - 12 of 12 Posts