Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Why so many Recall

3384 Views 62 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Grit dog
Okay guys, I have gotten another recall on my 2022 3500 are their anybody else getting a lot of recall, it seem like since day one something have been going on.
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2019 RAM 2500 Limited (4th gen., Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel with 68RFE transmission)
52 Posts
Okay guys, I have gotten another recall on my 2022 3500 are their anybody else getting a lot of recall, it seem like since day one something have been going on.
It seems like I get one every month. This last one was for tailgate latch and to replace the DPF filter for the second time. I told the Tech that it is no sweet off me, but it has got to be expensive for dodge. He said he replaces them all the time and he wonders how much longer Dodge can afford to keep replacing them. I have the 10 year warranty, I wonder what happens when it runs out?

I asked about the fuel pump recall again and the dealer told me that they are only getting one pump a month from the factory. They have been telling me that for 8 months, so I told them to keep the truck until they get the pump. I don't use the truck much in the winter.

· Registered
2019 RAM 2500 Limited (4th gen., Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel with 68RFE transmission)
52 Posts
The wife and I was looking at one when we were out driving, they show do look nice, I would like to have a heavy duty one a 1 ton.
The 1 ton HO has a lot less issues then the 3/4 ton. I will also say that a friend bought a F-250 when I bought my RAM 2500. He has a lot less issues, just saying.

· Registered
35 Posts
I have 8300 miles on my 2022 2500, got the same recall for the transmission dipstick, this is the 3rd recall. Just this week the tranny started shifting a litttle rough into 6th gear and now going into 2nd gear it is really slamming hard. Definitely regretting selling the 2012, that truck had 80k on it and was at the dealer for 1 recall total, and zero warranty work.The 12 had more power and a stronger exhaust brake. Best part is the 22 was double the cost of the 12....

· Registered
4 Posts
Stellantis is limiting dealers on how many parts they can order for the recall on the 68RFE. Is 1 every 14 days right now so only 1 truck can be fixed every 2 weeks. Vendor has supply issues? Makes dealer look bad when all these recall letters go out at the same time.

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You have got to be kidding me, like I said before I just receive another RECALL letter just today and this one is on the tailgate strikers.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
I have 8300 miles on my 2022 2500, got the same recall for the transmission dipstick, this is the 3rd recall. Just this week the tranny started shifting a litttle rough into 6th gear and now going into 2nd gear it is really slamming hard. Definitely regretting selling the 2012, that truck had 80k on it and was at the dealer for 1 recall total, and zero warranty work.The 12 had more power and a stronger exhaust brake. Best part is the 22 was double the cost of the 12....
No your 12 did not have more power thats just foolish to say that… and your trans most likely just needs a quick relearn not a big deal….

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 22 3500 drw wirh ho and aisin mine has been chugging up hills so I made an appointment they flashed my pcm and tcm for a tsb they have. made the truck worse and actually fells like it shutters worse sometimes it feels like trucka gunna stall froma start now. I did not ask them to flash the truck they decided to do it on there own so becareful what you bring yours in for.

· Registered
35 Posts
No your 12 did not have more power thats just foolish to say that… and your trans most likely just needs a quick relearn not a big deal….
Sure did, spoke to the dealer and he said it appears ram limits the power for break in and it should get better around 12k. I hope the statement is accurate. You do realize on paper the 12 had 800 tq and the 22 is listed at 850, so barely a difference. Maybe others here like making trips to the dealer but i don't.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Sure did, spoke to the dealer and he said it appears ram limits the power for break in and it should get better around 12k. I hope the statement is accurate. You do realize on paper the 12 had 800 tq and the 22 is listed at 850, so barely a difference. Maybe others here like making trips to the dealer but i don't.
No need to see the dealer for any of your issues. And its at about 6k miles the power gets better.

the difference in power you feel is likely to the axle gears 3.42 on the 12 id assumevs the 3.73s on the 22

· Registered
35 Posts
No need to see the dealer for any of your issues. And its at about 6k miles the power gets better.

the difference in power you feel is likely to the axle gears 3.42 on the 12 id assumevs the 3.73s on the 22
Both have 3.73's, im thinking its the tire size. Slightly taller on the 22 vs the 12. Tranny is hammering so hard in 2nd gear i dont want to keep driving it anymore, need to make a call today...

· Registered
9 Posts
@ Krs, I agree, I had to go to the dealership today because they weren't taking my call, but they had to order the parts he said that it might be here in about two months, whattttttt, are you kidding me, it is what it is I guess. The dealer said that what it is, is the dipstick sometime can blow out when it gets too hot and might cause a fire, but he said that he hasn't. heard of any truck causing fire, hmmm, he said that if I just drive around town and not tow where the engine gets too hot, I will be okay.

So here we go again playing the waiting game so I guess I will wait, I mean, what choice do I have, if I were a betting man I would bet that another one will come soon.
We put 4000 miles on our 2022 Ram 3500 Dually pulling a 14000lb. 5th wheel camper. Maybe I got lucky.? Either way, I’ll use it till it burns to the ground ( and I’ll pocket the insurance money ) or until the parts come in and it gets fixed.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
We put 4000 miles on our 2022 Ram 3500 Dually pulling a 14000lb. 5th wheel camper. Maybe I got lucky.? Either way, I’ll use it till it burns to the ground ( and I’ll pocket the insurance money ) or until the parts come in and it gets fixed.
Well seeing as out of 200,000+ trucks only 16 have failed and 8 of the 16 had a fire its safe to say you are fine its just if the vent gets plugged.

· Registered
WV Ridge Runner
196 Posts
On my last recall letter, the dealer said that it's quick fix to just bring it in and they will take care of it, and in all in 30 minutes.
So I was supposed to take my truck in yesterday. Spoke with the service dept the evening before and as others have indicated, was told they can only order the parts to replace the trans dip stick for one truck a week. Was put on a list and told mine would be done March/April timeframe. The tailgate recall is simple. Will take mine in when parts become available and have both done. I’ve not had any problems with either, so no worries waiting for me. I’m curious, did the dealer say it’s quick for the trans dip stick replacement?

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
He didn't say I should have ask but I figure that it should be in and out, well, for that matter if they just give it to me I can change it out but yeah about two months or so, if I get one more recall I think that I'm going to scream.

· Registered
2019 BigHorn 2500 4x4 2020 Laramie 2500 4x4
18 Posts
Exactly.

Supposedly this same event can happen with the older trucks. Thing is, there’s a lot more idiot drivers now who don’t monitor temps and don’t care about CELs. Thus, FCA has to do their best to make the truck idiot proof.
Since it has been mentioned in your comment, what are good operating temps for trans, oil and coolant? I monitor them all with an edge since my 2019 6.7L has blown the lower radiator hose off 4 times and dealer can find nothing wrong. Towing, mine will run oil 208 degrees and coolant 210 sometimes. That to me is too high, but I have read that some people are seeing 205 -225 degrees. That to me is unacceptable, gaskets and seals suffer tremendously at those temps. I believe it is a programming issue with the electric fan clutch on mine, Because it runs around 250-300 rpms mostly and I've noticed that when the fan does go up to 400-600 rpms it cools the truck down really quick. thinking about wiring in a rheostat so I can manually turn up the speed so I don't have to go in and re-write to the ECM tables after my extended warantty expires.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts