Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I just found out i have a 53 block. Also my truck is now taking about 20 revolutions to start. Anyone have any guesses why it would be doing this?

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
53 block is not always a rpoblem, seen a few pulling truck and drag trucks with them and they do fine.

Not 100% sure what all is going on with the truck. Does it run fine once it starts? Might be your fuel system back draining and it takes that long to get fuel back into the engine.

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of what I thought also, but I cant figure out why it would be doing that. I did replace the fuel filter, it looked different than the one I took out. I got it from Haisleys, so I called and talked to Van and he told me the combined several years and that was the new one. I also changed my inline filter before my FASS and made sure I had the right one before I put it on. I also put over sized banjo fittings on one @ the fuel filter and 1 @ the IP. I checked all fitting all are tight and cracked open the banjo @ the IP and it instantly spewed fuel. retightened and still took several revolutions to fire. I do have a P 1765 code, it has something to do w/ the trans. It runs like a champ once fired up though.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
The diaphragm breaking in the VP has been known to cause hard starting; all the time, cold and hot. DPP has published a "fix" for this that involves wiring the FASS relay to a "power on" source to trigger the relay. This causes the FASS to run while the engine in cranking.

·
Registered
689 Posts
53 block is not always a rpoblem, seen a few pulling truck and drag trucks with them and they do fine.

Not 100% sure what all is going on with the truck. Does it run fine once it starts? Might be your fuel system back draining and it takes that long to get fuel back into the engine.
i have a 53 block...and knock on wood haven't had a problem yet. The starting problem definately is not because of the block though....looks like others are giving you good ideas to fix that though

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is it different than the way they have you install it in the destructions they send you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts