Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of oil residue building up around the bottom of my valve cover / CCV cover. seems too much and it burns sometimes when it hits the exhaust and smells in the cab. I have a 2012 with 35,000 miles. I have it fully deleted and routed my ccv output up to a small filter as a delete. it seems like blowby or bad valve seals or ?? How can I test for what it might be? I have the opinion that my engine should be pretty clean. Any ideas to look at would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing after gutting the ccv filter. I recently went back in and saw that I cracked the very top of the old filter so I was getting some oil or of that. I put some sealant in it and cleaned it up and am now waiting to see if it will do it again. I also tightened the screws a little more this time as well in the hopes of having a better seal this time around.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't gut the filter. Do I need to? I just moved the hose to the turbo to a small filter.

·
Cummins Freak
3,255 Posts
JMO, But I think having the CCV still in and also another filter causes too much pressure on the crank case!!! Some have good luck with it, some don't!! I have mine CCV deleted and Open to the atmosphere!!! How many miles are you at??? Your CCV could be soaked, mine was pretty bad even at 11,000 miles when I gutted!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
^^true also it's not a must or anything I just did it because I didn't want to buy a new filter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pulled the hose off the turbo, plugged the nipple and rerouted to a breather tank
with a filter on top. In the next 3,000 miles I went through two gals. of oil.
No leaks, no smoke. Plumed back to stock and no more oil usage. Anyone with an
answer on that one?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pulled the hose off the turbo, plugged the nipple and rerouted to a breather tank
with a filter on top. In the next 3,000 miles I went through two gals. of oil.
No leaks, no smoke. Plumed back to stock and no more oil usage. Anyone with an
answer on that one?
2 GALLONS in 3k miles?!?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts