Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does it seem like NO MATTER where you go and you park you come out and someone is parked RIGHT next to you? Everytime i go somewhere I park where there is at least 2 spaces around me on every side and IT never fails I will come out and there will be a vehicle parked RIGHT beside me and like 3 other open spots around....Am I the only one that has this happen?

Just a lil aggravated because I came outa walmart last nite and found a nice lil dent in my passenger back door from someone swinging a car door into it...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dude, I know what you mean. I always park in the middle of nowhere, but there is always one who will park next to me. I always check to see if they made a dent in my truck.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the only dent I have in my truck so to me it stood out like a SORE thumb i saw it as SOON as I walked out the door cuz the vehicle was gone... or id proaly put on in it ha...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have the same thing happen to me. I cant park in the back 40 of walmart and someone will park right next to my truck. I hate it when they do that so i usually take up 2 to 4 parking spots when i park.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
It seems there is a fatal attraction. I didn't get a ding but was annoyed the other day. I go to tim hortons with a trailer. The parking lot is empty, (kinda amazing) so I park across a few spots. I come out and a woman in a ford parks across my nose. I mean there was a lot of places to park. My truck was running with the lights on. I could only laugh and shake my head.

I to stero type but walmart has to be the worst place, not only for door dings but lazy ppl that won't walk 10ft to put a buggy back in the stall. Thats another story that I will not get started on.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
I've conceded the fact that these trucks are wide and I will get door dings. I still check for them when I think another vehicle is close enough to have dinged it. Ha ha, those people that park next to you as you described prolly use your Mega as a landmark so they can find their car.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
I have the same thing happen to me. I cant park in the back 40 of walmart and someone will park right next to my truck. I hate it when they do that so i usually take up 2 to 4 parking spots when i park.
I heard here that our big tough bylaw officer was out givng tickets to guys taking 2 spots. What a joke, the stalls are hardly big enough for a jetta

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I like to line up right next to other cars, like two to four inches away, so they have to crawl in through the other side... :lol3: It's great! :rof :rof

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to not get any dents, and it sucks that you did man. I hate it when they do it, so I try to park in the back, and take up a few spots!! Never been harrassed by the cops for it, but now that I said that, I am gonna get a ticket the next time I do it!!:lol3:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've never had any problem with the cops cause most of them understand why im doing it. Im sure they would say something if the lot was jam packed but i usually park at the other end of the lot if i do take up more than one spot.

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
I do the same thing, and I am always in the very back of the lot when I do it. My fear on that, is someone flying across the parking lot, and smashing into my truck, when they are not paying attention.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I know you will not be able to stand that dent and it will make your truck undriveable for you. So just give it to me. I'll come pick it up. :D

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
I don't really care about people parking right next to me, the people that piss me off are the people in effing geo metros, or other small cars, that still somehow manage to park over both lines, when I can get my 23 foot truck to split the uprights every time.

Reactions: Fplante92

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
I don't really care about people parking right next to me, the people that piss me off are the people in effing geo metros, or other small cars, that still somehow manage to park over both lines, when I can get my 23 foot truck to split the uprights every time.
That's one heck of a kicking leg! Do you practice with Geo Metros? I would imagine kicking a 23ft truck through the uprights could cause some leg strain from time to time..:T:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know you will not be able to stand that dent and it will make your truck undriveable for you. So just give it to me. I'll come pick it up. :D
yea my life is in shambles right now gota ugly dent in my door and my truck is dirty and i still have my factory rims on haven't put my 18's back on....:CRY: ha ha

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know how you guys feel about your trucks. But when I am in 85 CJ7 it's fair game to me when I see some ahole parking his Escalade taking up 3 spots parking sideways. I park the old Jeep right tight next to em and let them find a can opener to get back in there Caddy. The trail Jeep has so many dents in it already, they really can't do any harm to er.....:lol3:

·
Registered
737 Posts
We seem to have the problem here at college. I can back late one night and found the only parking spot avaiable for my colored pass, and the guy parked next to me was right on the line and the other side of the spot was a curb. I couldnt fit to save my life. So, I put two tires on the curb and parked her crooked in the spot, and 'accidentally' when i opened my door, I 'lost' grip of it and it smacked the other car and put a good dent in it. :T: Came out the next morning to see the car gone and the genius had tried to dent my truck with his door, but thanks to Dodge, my plastic strips saved me.:rof

·
Registered
974 Posts
I know how you guys feel about your trucks. But when I am in 85 CJ7 it's fair game to me when I see some ahole parking his Escalade taking up 3 spots parking sideways. I park the old Jeep right tight next to em and let them find a can opener to get back in there Caddy. The trail Jeep has so many dents in it already, they really can't do any harm to er.....:lol3:
I've got a toyota truck that people wont hit with their door cause they are afraid it will hurt their door. I use it to fourwheel and cause mayhem with:lol3:

·
Registered
183 Posts
And I thought I was the only one.

Is it just me or does it seem like NO MATTER where you go and you park you come out and someone is parked RIGHT next to you? Everytime i go somewhere I park where there is at least 2 spaces around me on every side and IT never fails I will come out and there will be a vehicle parked RIGHT beside me and like 3 other open spots around....Am I the only one that has this happen?

I thought I was the only one. My wife always complains,because I'll park as far as possible from other cars. I never take up 2 spots, but sometimes if there is a front row open , I'll hang out a little so the guy or girl who pulls up next to me won't be able to hit my door. Last week at Costco I parked at the very back spot, all alone. We come out from shopping and there's a old chevy truck probably a foot away from mine. There were parking spots available every where and this guy parks right on top of me. It kills me. And my wife wonders why I'm nervous everytime she drive my truck, she'll squeez in between 2 twenkies if there's room:thud:. She says, " why do you have a truck if your so anal "? Well I didn't buy it for a bumper car either. Jeez Louise!
Maybe thats what I'll get for my plates MR ANAL. Wait a minute, that don't sound so good.:rof

1 - 20 of 94 Posts