Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly did the deletes and i love it. I put on a 5in. tbe exhaust and a h&s egr/cooler deletes with a smarty. I am code free and the truck sounds awsome! I can finaly leave my truck run and not have to worry about the stupid regen. All i can say is if you are kicking around the idea of deletes, stop thinking and just do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great looking truck:thumbsup: I am at that stage now & I'm saving up to do it. How much did it cost? What kind of power do you have now? What kind of mileage are you getting? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exhaust and egr delete cost me about 500, and smarty around 650. I am just running the smarty on #3 but it runs alot better and seems to stay in one gear instead of up and down. Its sounds awsome i went with a muffler and its just right for me, i think the best part is how the exhaust brake sounds (its a real head turner).

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have not gotten to check milage yet i only have about 50 miles on it so far.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Great looking truck:thumbsup: I am at that stage now & I'm saving up to do it. How much did it cost? What kind of power do you have now? What kind of mileage are you getting? Thanks.
If you don't want to spend much cash, a delete pipe and sims with the EGR unplugged and the butterfly removed or the butterfly gear removed, can cost under $100.

·
Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,198 Posts
If you don't want to spend much cash, a delete pipe and sims with the EGR unplugged and the butterfly removed or the butterfly gear removed, can cost under $100.
How much more if I don't want a CEL?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
If you want to clear cel then an edge, which can be found used for $300. Otherwise a Smarty or XRT used from 550 up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You probably didn't delete sooner because you were like some of us that were nervous about doing it. Now that it's behind you you'll probably never regret donig it. Enjoy your "new" truck.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im doing mine. Im buying a 12' stick of 4" for $25 local and then ordering the Shibby EGT sims from James at rollins smoke diesel for 47.95 shipped. Im at $72.95 plus about a buck or two for the sensor bung.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It said on the website thought that with the simms you will get a check engine light? Are any of them undetechable by the dealer? I already have an MP8, so which kit should I go with. I'm looking for something that gets the best mileage, is reliable, and won't be a pain in the to undo if I have to go to the dealer? I understand the pipe would have to come back off but besides that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It said on the website thought that with the simms you will get a check engine light? Are any of them undetechable by the dealer? I already have an MP8, so which kit should I go with. I'm looking for something that gets the best mileage, is reliable, and won't be a pain in the to undo if I have to go to the dealer? I understand the pipe would have to come back off but besides that.
Best thing to do for replacing the DPF is just get a pipe or gut another DPF/Cat for flow-through.

I know the Smarty does not need sims and will clear codes but a few people put them in anyway.

No, none of the programmers for the 6.7 are undetectable.

·
Registered
88 Posts
cummin2drescue where are you buying your pipe from I need about 5 or 6 feet of 4'' and I dont know where to find it at.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
and the smarty is just an uploadable program right? So I just take the program back off if it needs servicing? I see people say they run on #3 or something like that. Would I have to stop the truck, and hook it up and change programs everytime I want to do that or is it a shift on the fly type of thing? Which one do you think would complement my mp8 the best?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts