Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using for replacement batteries for the 6.7L? Who makes the "BEST?" Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
When it's time for me I am going with Die Hard Platinum. They used to be (and think they still are) made by the same company that makes Odyssy, which is top shelf. Same battery with the sears name and great warranty.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hopefully you dont need new batteries on an 2011?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What is everyone using for replacement batteries for the 6.7L? Who makes the "BEST?" Thanks! :thumbsup:

whats wrong with ones in it? my 04 still have the original batterys in it and they still load check fine, not bad getting 8 years out of them and still kicking.

·
Registered
998 Posts
When the time comes I will be running Odyssey. I have a 15w solar panel on the roof of my canopy so I should get a LONG life out of the factory units though.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I have the Odyssey's, and am very happy with them. Same as Sears Die Hard, but Sears not available in Canada.

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Ive always used optima redtop batts in my stuff. Expensive but worth it

Reactions: Rumble

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've got one dead batt in my '11 already. Apparently had a amp that was drawing power when the truck was off. Started looking and while the sears platinums are nice, $250 and only a 4 year free replacement warranty, vs a everstart maxx from Wally world with a 3 year free replacement warranty for only $88, I just don't see the need unless you are draining/recharging that battery constantly. Like with hard pulls with a winch, or a REALLY large competition stereo, FREQUENTLY draining them. Not to mention I've always had good luck out of them in the past, and even if you do have a problem with one I really doubt it's that hard to find a walmart unless you are just blind.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Well a big problem with batteries are how well they do up north. The heater grid on the intake does draw a bunch of amps from the batteries, then you have a cold start that you have to do as well right after.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm not saying that the cheaper batteries are THAT much worse than the nicer Platinums, but I think they can be had for about 220. If you have to take those Wal-Mart batteries back because they leave you stranded that could be a huge PIA. Just the thought of the several inconveniences that could potentially happen would persuade me to pay for higher quality up front. Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm not saying that the cheaper batteries are THAT much worse than the nicer Platinums, but I think they can be had for about 220. If you have to take those Wal-Mart batteries back because they leave you stranded that could be a huge PIA. Just the thought of the several inconveniences that could potentially happen would persuade me to pay for higher quality up front. Just my 2 pennies.
:agree2:

There has been a few times I have had my old 5.9 truck out in the middle of nowhere either fishing, hunting, or wheeling where I coulnt even find diesel locally (had to run kerosene) The last place I would skimp out is on batteries. But thats also my 2 cents. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i have had better luck w/ walmart batteries (the more expensive ones) than any of the other chain store batteries like advance auto, but i still say deka is the best, my little brother worked there for awhile and told me how much better all the components are, thicker casings and the like.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i have had better luck w/ walmart batteries (the more expensive ones) than any of the other chain store batteries like advance auto, but i still say deka is the best, my little brother worked there for awhile and told me how much better all the components are, thicker casings and the like.
Where do you get them from?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i got mine right from deka but here it will tell you where to find them
Batteries: Where to Buy Deka Batteries

you guys may not know but deka builds some of the biggest batteries in the world, for back up power supplies, for subs, and for forklifts. they are really impressive, you just don't here about them b/c they don't advertise like optima, but id take a deka over an optima any day, my red top shorted out within a year

its also the only battery we put in the fire trucks we build. and you can imagine that there is almost nothing on the road that 1 needs as much power and 2 needs to be super reliable.
sorry if I am cheerleading but i am just so impressed w/ these batteries

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i got mine right from deka but here it will tell you where to find them
Batteries: Where to Buy Deka Batteries

you guys may not know but deka builds some of the biggest batteries in the world, for back up power supplies, for subs, and for forklifts. they are really impressive, you just don't here about them b/c they don't advertise like optima, but id take a deka over an optima any day, my red top shorted out within a year

its also the only battery we put in the fire trucks we build. and you can imagine that there is almost nothing on the road that 1 needs as much power and 2 needs to be super reliable.
sorry if I am cheerleading but i am just so impressed w/ these batteries
Yeah I was wondering because I believe they supply a battery backup for my work.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts