Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a bully dog and I am trying to find the best settings so far seems with all them turned up all the way I will be dynoing again thursday with this setup and going to see how much hp I can get before the clutch slips with the nos.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would like to know as well. I just got the mp-8 and intercooler on yesterday and I am looking at the BD pup to stack with it to see what the power and mpg difference will be.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I just got a bully dog and I am trying to find the best settings so far seems with all them turned up all the way I will be dynoing again thursday with this setup and going to see how much hp I can get before the clutch slips with the nos.
hey was your 554 with the NOS?

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
No it wasnt and it was with stock exhaust also, I was spraying water/meth though
right on...you've gotta be pretty close to 8 with the NOS...are sticks and a turbo in the future...I want to see a guy with a 6.7 hit 1K

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont know hoping for 650+ but right now I still have stock turbo,cp3,injectors,and clutch so, as at least till a new clutch they wont be that high, I cant believe it has held so far. As for the 1 k reb brown from browns diesel took 03 parts and converted over and bent a rod at 1000 hp so once I get injectors, modded cp3 and a turbo hopefully twins the nitrous is off and I am staying at that

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
dont know hoping for 650+ but right now I still have stock turbo,cp3,injectors,and clutch so, as at least till a new clutch they wont be that high, I cant believe it has held so far. As for the 1 k reb brown from browns diesel took 03 parts and converted over and bent a rod at 1000 hp so once I get injectors, modded cp3 and a turbo hopefully twins the nitrous is off and I am staying at that
so if you're looking I know where you can get either a modified or stage III CP3 at a GREAT price

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I wonder if a person could add a second turbo after the VGT then you wont have to mess with the electronics on the first one. I cant wait to see the first twin setup on a 6.7.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if a person could add a second turbo after the VGT then you wont have to mess with the electronics on the first one. I cant wait to see the first twin setup on a 6.7.
x2 my exhaust brake wont work right now anyways so I wouldnt care for a new turbo

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
KMK,

I have that triple stack right now. I have only tryed mine with the bully dog on tow and the egde 6 and MP8 100%. I havent tryed the triple stack with the bully dog on performace yet. But with everything cranked and the bully dog on tow it pulls hard and poors the smoke.

I am still trying to find my best milage since my AX flash so I am running pup tow, edge 1 and MP8 80%. I just finished my first tank since the AX flash and got 22MPG 20% city and 80% highway with plenty of warm up because it was below freezing lastweek.

Let me know where your best dyno run is with what levels. I wood say put the pup on performance tune, MP8 100% and start cranking the edge from 4 up since the edge is easier to change tunes then the bully dog programmer.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks jon the place I go to dyno I pretty much get as many runs as I wont so I can try alot just not looking forward to changing the bully dog very much, I just recieved it and am testing it out then if I like it I will by it. So far it blows good smoke with them all turned up and I def need a fass or airdog, it cuts out pretty good on top end. And I have tried changing the settings on the mp8 and edge but seems most power is 100% mp8 and edge stage 6

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
wouldn't that be a bit too much timing with the Bully Dog and the Juice?...when I ran mine on the dyno I ran the smarty on 8 NO timing

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
possibly I think with the new edges you can adjust timing mine is the beta version so I cant change that

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
thanks jon the place I go to dyno I pretty much get as many runs as I wont so I can try alot just not looking forward to changing the bully dog very much, I just recieved it and am testing it out then if I like it I will by it. So far it blows good smoke with them all turned up and I def need a fass or airdog, it cuts out pretty good on top end. And I have tried changing the settings on the mp8 and edge but seems most power is 100% mp8 and edge stage 6
what's you're rail pressure and fuel pressure looking like?

·
Registered
331 Posts
New edges only have two options on the timing. Either 1)juice timing or 2)stock timing.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
New edges only have two options on the timing. Either 1)juice timing or 2)stock timing.
but theoretically if you put it on stock timing and had the Bully Dog downloader programmed into the ECM the Bully Dogs timing would be the "stock" timing thus keeping you from over timing your truck, but then again this is theory

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I run out of fuel now with only the 2 stacked, i couldnt imagine getting much out of all 3 stacked.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think it would be worth it to get a upgrade for the edge for you big power guys. Just to be able to turn the timing off on the edge and use the bully.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I run out of fuel now with only the 2 stacked, i couldnt imagine getting much out of all 3 stacked.
are you draining the rail or are you running your fuel pressure low?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I need to hit the dyno but I am cheap when it comes to that. They are expensive here and you only get two pulls. BOOOO!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts