Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up if your running a fuel plate and if so what kind. I was a bit hesitant, but when i put my pump in i just left the plate out. the fuel is more controllable than my vp and throttle response is awesome. just curious on what you more experienced p pump 24v gurus think about this.

·
Got P7100?
6,642 Posts
0 plate full forward, so from what ive read its the same as no plate. i have it in there in case i want/need to limit fuel for some reason(hasnt happened yet though).

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
i was told to always run a plate, no matter what. i run a 0 full forward, starwheel cranked. lots of smoke, hard to clear up with my turbo too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I didn't run a plate for about a month, but put in a 0 full forward just in case I wanted to tune down a little for towing, so far it's all good though 10,000 pounds of skid loader is the biggest thing this truck will see and as long as I take my time getting up to speed it runs fairly cool

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
old thread here but any of you guys have flow numbers with and without a plate? if a 0 plate is the same as no plate why even bother with grinding it or buying one then?

???

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think like everyone esle said, just in case you need to detune a little for some reason, it gives you that oppurtunity to do so

·
Got P7100?
6,642 Posts
I think like everyone esle said, just in case you need to detune a little for some reason, it gives you that oppurtunity to do so
this

grinding is free:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
but no plate and a "0" plate are the same?

·
Banned
30 Posts
but no plate and a "0" plate are the same?
No. If you run a 0 plate full forward it would have no limit on rack travel, like it would run with no plate. You can pull the 0 plate back to limit rack travel if desired.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i run no plate :) but my truck is also a race truck. wont be towing anything with it cause all that good stuff is off the truck.lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
No. If you run a 0 plate full forward it would have no limit on rack travel, like it would run with no plate. You can pull the 0 plate back to limit rack travel if desired.

okay thankyou.

now is full rack travel is that when your only at wot?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I run a zero plate. The difference is about 250hp between full forward and full back. As long as your afc isn't gutted I don't see where running without would be a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts