Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Who's got the highest HP in Michigan??

3915 41
Saw this on Michigan Coal Rollers and thought id bring it here.. i know there are a lot of people out there that hardly use facebook, and even more that dont care about that page, especially shop owners, and they tend to be the ones with the best trucks.. ive seen some awesome pulling trucks too that i know havent been on facebook..

so what do you guys have??
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
2000 WHITE 3500 DRW,SPORT,4X4, EDGE COMP,TST PM3, FUELBOSS, DTT, 6" STACKS, Mach 6's, HX40/HT4C Twins

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
a lot of the sled pullers dont go for high hp. We've never had a good place to dyno here in Michigan so a lot of the guys, even myself never got a good chance to see what the numbers are.

You're going to run into a lot of wars debating on mustang, vs dynojet, vs ___?, where the numbers corrected, was it a hot day or cool day, how much of a load did they put on it... and so on.

:stirpot:
Dakin1 Video by ICSmoke | Photobucket

That was at a dyno in Jackson, Mi. They didnt load the trucks correctly and babyfats numbers were way low. My single 66 did more than his twins at that time which was not right!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
in the 1/4 it ran 15.0 before the Mach 6's and with a blown cooler boot only 23lbs of boost :doh::banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
988 Posts

You guys realize that HP and torque don't alyays mean its the the fastest or the best.

My friend and bro raced there trucks with HP and torque numbers with in 10 of each other on the same dyno 3 runs average..
And the 2003 dodge had the 05 Chevy by a truck length before the 1/8 mile mark.. Chevy had better dyno numbers and thought he would beat the dodge for
sure...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Bruce Block is out of Michigan, his CR drag truck is well north of 1k hp. Engineered Diesel is also in MI and has a few running around. 1k fuel only doesnt just drive around and oral the coal to advertise stupidity though either.. Most, if not all that have that on fuel alone are trailered everywhere. Nitrous is a different story...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.. Haha I'm wondering about daily drivers really..

·
MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
lol it was obvious who you were talking about. I like the guy, you have to give him credit he wrenches on his stuff, not like a lot of the posers on that page. we cant all be experts on every motor. I cant tell you crap about a Dmax but Im your guy on 24V headgaskets :banghead: lol Someone will always have deeper pockets but ya just have to build it better and cheaper different ways.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
even on a bad day some of the sled pullers around would put that truck to shame on the dyno.....but the pullers i know could care less about dyno numbers. there are some very good running trucks around the state....they just don't advertise hp numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinking.. I know the dirty hooker truck is a monster, even though its a Chevy..

But now looking at Chris Roots if he puts the fuel to it he'll be able to hit 1000 no problem if the Trans and bottom end stays in haha

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what I was getting at.. I know they're out there I just wanna see them, mods, some numbers

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm sure they are out there somewhere. As for the Ford 6.4 it is a hot rod motor, better than the previous versions. My opinion would be that wrenching on one would be a nightmare, but since I don't have to.....

In my opinion running 1000hp is gonna need deep pockets no matter which brand it is. Although I would love a 1000hp truck, I don't have the pockets and they don't tow 15k campers up mountains very well. So for me it would have to be a second truck. Sled pullers could probably hit 2000hp on a dyno, but a whole different animal. They need a crap ton of power for a short period of time, unlike a street truck. Plus I can't imagine a guy letting his competitors know what amount of power he's got. Kind of like a trade secret.

As was mentioned about dynos in general, I've had my truck done twice. Once in Ohio and once in Alabama. In Ohio it was a mustang, I'm running basically stock with a jr. on setting 2 (70hp). Run 357hp. In Alabama they had the dynojet, same setup except the jr. is on 3 (100hp). Ran 348hp. So to me unless one is doing a test and tune continuously on the same dyno, they are pretty much ball park figures for bragging rights only. To much variables with machines, setup, weather, operators, etc. My take on it anyway.

But it would be nice to see some figures, and I would be curious to see if anyone is running 4 figures.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Omg MI coal rollers and that kid with the red truck have to be the douchiest group of bros ever assembled. The guy who started the page is cool but honestly I don't see how he can stand those douche lords.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha yeah I know Mike, I've bought parts from him and he even took me to breakfast because they were late and it wasn't even his fault.. Chris is pretty cool to.. But there are for sure some annoying guys on there, and some that can't tell a grid heater from their B-hole

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've only made 793hp with no wastegate tuning on fuel. The red Ford can break 1100 on spray buy only managed to put a 11.6 out on the strip. I run faster than that with less hp. He even put small tires on for the strip.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.