Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Who is straight piped and happy with it?

6K views 69 replies 57 participants last post by  gixxerjay 
#1 ·
Right now I have a muffler delete but it's just not loud enough for me. I'm thinking of just going to napa and get a legnth of 4" pipe and deleting the cat. How bad is the drone as I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to make a mistake.

#3 ·
im straight piped and have been for three years and still loving it

#12 ·
:agree2::agree2:me too only its been about 2 yrs for me

#4 ·
you can still keep a muffler and have good sound..you just need to see what works...aero exhausts kill drone but not so much the sound..but it wont be a mistake:thumbsup

#5 ·
Just straight piped mine today. I love the sound and its not too loud. Of course I have twin turbos so that helps the sound out to be lower. With a single turbo it can get loud but not bad. It should sound good.

#6 ·
Running straight pipe and ZERO drone. I still have the cat though and plan on keeping it until my warranty runs out at least.

#13 ·
you can take the cat off and it wont void your warranty

#7 ·
i wouldn't pull the cat. Im running no muffler which is nice. got that cummins rumble and with the cat still on it keeps it from being to raspy at the higher rpms. buddy of mines got the same truck 4 inch straight all the way and its raspy. There is definitely a difference between a tuned exhaust and a straight exhaust. who agrees with me?

#11 ·
that 2000rpm hum, is the drone everyone is talking about. :thumbsup

#10 ·
I deleted the cat and put a Flowmaster cat back system on. Nice low mellow rumble when light on the throttle and a good bark when hammering on her. I don't hear much different in the cab, but the sound is impressive outside! Bought the Flowmaster system from Jegs 800-345-4545, if your interested.

#18 ·
5" straight pipe for a few weeks now. Buying the muffler just to throw in the bed and claim I'm getting ready to install it... But seriously: I LOVE the sound. Acceleration gets a bit noisy so I watch it in town and around police.

Bwah bwah bwah bwah BRAAAAAAAPPPPP!

#21 ·
I've got 5" of nothing but straight pipe! I LOVE IT!!!! I don't really notice the drone. But it's got that loud raspy tone above 2500rpm when I'm really rapin' on it!!! But I like it!!!!

#22 ·
I had just the resinator and the cat, but got to Texas and the cat fell off somewhere near gladewater and lucky for me never found its way home. So I am just left with the 4 inch system and the resinator (which not sure what the heck it does). I like it, real nice when i have to get on it.

#24 ·
I was just out that way near longview. I was at Gator Run ATV park this past weekend. Man they got some swampy land out there! My 03 Vinson 500 4x4 had fullfilled its duty pulling out quads all weekend out of thick a$$ mud!

#33 ·
how was it dealing with them ?
any issues that came up after you bought the truck ?

i called dan i believe, or david, wanted to look a two trucks they had but never got a phone call back. didnt want to drive from austin to houston unless i had some idea worked out already.
they did show to have decent prices on what they're selling.

#31 ·
My service rep, told me it would void warrenty if I removed the cat. He recommended a cat back system. Hey, but when this warrenty is up the cat is gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.