Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a muffler delete but it's just not loud enough for me. I'm thinking of just going to napa and get a legnth of 4" pipe and deleting the cat. How bad is the drone as I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to make a mistake.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
im straight piped and have been for three years and still loving it

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Right now I have a muffler delete but it's just not loud enough for me. I'm thinking of just going to napa and get a legnth of 4" pipe and deleting the cat. How bad is the drone as I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to make a mistake.
you can still keep a muffler and have good sound..you just need to see what works...aero exhausts kill drone but not so much the sound..but it wont be a mistake:thumbsup

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just straight piped mine today. I love the sound and its not too loud. Of course I have twin turbos so that helps the sound out to be lower. With a single turbo it can get loud but not bad. It should sound good.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Running straight pipe and ZERO drone. I still have the cat though and plan on keeping it until my warranty runs out at least.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i wouldn't pull the cat. Im running no muffler which is nice. got that cummins rumble and with the cat still on it keeps it from being to raspy at the higher rpms. buddy of mines got the same truck 4 inch straight all the way and its raspy. There is definitely a difference between a tuned exhaust and a straight exhaust. who agrees with me?

·
Registered
555 Posts
straight piped here from turbo back and i love mine! never drones on and on, just awesome! pretty quiet in cab too.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
what is drone???? im strait piped and love it. it just is really loud around 2,000 rpm on the highway

·
Registered
69 Posts
I deleted the cat and put a Flowmaster cat back system on. Nice low mellow rumble when light on the throttle and a good bark when hammering on her. I don't hear much different in the cab, but the sound is impressive outside! Bought the Flowmaster system from Jegs 800-345-4545, if your interested.

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
what is drone???? im strait piped and love it. it just is really loud around 2,000 rpm on the highway
that 2000rpm hum, is the drone everyone is talking about. :thumbsup

·
HI
3,442 Posts
im straight piped and have been for three years and still loving it
:agree2::agree2:me too only its been about 2 yrs for me

·
HI
3,442 Posts
Running straight pipe and ZERO drone. I still have the cat though and plan on keeping it until my warranty runs out at least.
you can take the cat off and it wont void your warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
i went with MBRP 5" turbo back straight pipe and a muffler delete pipe. It is damn loud and i cruise @ 60mph (1800-1900 rpm)on the highway and get no drone....but if i go over that it gets an annoying drone. but at 60 mph i get 22.6 mpg, so it keeps my foot out of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 5 inch strait pipe and love it, loud as hell, neighbors are always complaining they dont need an alarm to wake them up at 6:30 in the morning

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Been straight piped for 2 years now and wouldnt even think of going back to a muffler! :thumbsup :peelout

·
Registered
199 Posts
5" straight pipe for a few weeks now. Buying the muffler just to throw in the bed and claim I'm getting ready to install it... But seriously: I LOVE the sound. Acceleration gets a bit noisy so I watch it in town and around police.

Bwah bwah bwah bwah BRAAAAAAAPPPPP!

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
you can take the cat off and it wont void your warranty
Not what my service manager told me. He's prob. just being a a-hole anyways.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts