Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question is in the title. But... I am curious... do you plow with over sized tires? I want something beefy in the Nitto Trail Grappler or Toyo Open Country style look, but honestly it needs to be something that is very good in snow (Too many random mixed reviews on the two I listed so if you have experience on the matter chime in here). Do you plow with 35's? I am thinking about getting something in the 295/70/17 range, any suggestions? (I have a 2" level kit).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Duratrac

Jason

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Dura trac is a good snow tire from what I read, but do you have anything to compare them to?

I've run 4 sets of toyo mt's they aren't bad in the snow, they aren't great. I will say this, my plow guy at my office uses them on his plow truck. I'll ask his opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
BFG A/T, Wrangler Silent armor, Wrangler AT/S, Nitto Terras and Michelin AT2's, Duratrac while the loudest is far(or this '14 is too damn quiet..lol) and away the best all purpose snow tire I've ever driven.

They can do light snow which a M/T is borderline dangerous on and chew through deeper stuff the way a M/T does excel at.

Jason

Reactions: BOOOST

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I run Good Year Wrangler Duratracs right now AND LOVE THEM! but... they do not stay in load range E once they hit 285/70/17 they become a D... I made that mistake once and it was an all around horrible experience. So whatever I go with needs to be 295/70/17 Load Range E.

I ran BF Goodrich AT/2 TKO's one season and was not overly impressed..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Find 18" take offs from a '14 and run the 295/65 i have, 3860lb load rating, though they are only a 33" tire. With 3.42's i wanted to stay stock height.

Jason

·
Registered
743 Posts
I will preach this until the day I'm dead. Even as a ghost. Dunlop is the only choice. Dunlop, Dunlop, Dunlop... There are no other choices.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Find 18" take offs from a '14 and run the 295/65 i have, 3860lb load rating, though they are only a 33" tire. With 3.42's i wanted to stay stock height.

Jason

I have a set of 295/65/18 and method 18x9 double standards sitting at discount waiting for me. I'm kind of having second thoughts, like u should have gone 20" and like a 305/55/20.

Hoping I made the right choice.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I will preach this until the day I'm dead. Even as a ghost. Dunlop is the only choice. Dunlop, Dunlop, Dunlop... There are no other choices.

Yah that's fine, but you've done nothing but throw out a mfg name. Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The GY doesnt have the strongest sidewall ever, I'm sure the huge payload of the 18" tire will be welcome.

Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cooper AT3 are E rated and handle excellent in snow conditions IMO, would hold up to the work of plowing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts