Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us 03/04 guys, who has some 80-100HP aftermarket nozzles installed?

Did you notice anything, good or bad, after installing the nozzles?

Are you guys using a stock CP3 with the nozzles?

Also, does your truck smoke at all with these installed?

Thanks.......just seriously considering some nozzles for my truck

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just make sure you get a good brand, I had some junk nozzles in my truck before and it used to haze at idle. Now i have different ones that dont haze and there are no strong fumes as well.

Also make sure you cp3 is good because when i changed to my new nozzles i have a surge at idle and other minor problems.

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, what HP rating nozzles can I safely go with?

I have a BD Super B Single that is only 57/65/14, and want my EGTs to be under control

I am going to probably upgrade the CP3 when the nozzles go in, thanks for the tip

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much do most shops charge for a nozzle swap job?

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
You should be fine with some 90s. Alot of guys have been sayin good things bout Shane's nozzles/injectors. His CP3 mods are proven so his nozzles would be great I would assume.

I'm goin with 90s and a super B special.

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to try the Mafia nozzles, because of Shane's reputation and also because they are under $600

I was under the impression that the Mafia nozzles were not in stock yet, and he did not even know when they would be......

I found a lightly used set of F1 Diesel Flux 2 (100 HP) nozzles for a really good price

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
If you can get the Flux 2s cheap then get em or tell me where you found em an ill buy em! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have DDP 90s and I'm happy with them. A little haze on accel depending how I'm driving, but not too bad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have shanes 120hp mafia nozzles and level2+ cp3 upgrade they both run awesome egts get high but thats a knowin thing. but its fairly controlable shanes products are nothin but quality. id recommend him to anyone.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
I've got 90's, my pump won't keep up with them trying to run a really hot program. They don't haze at an idle, but I think they haze harder than a lot of other 90's I've seen. Mine are BD Power 90's

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you guys notice a change in your truck after they were installed?

Either power wise or......?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
my peak boost went up, but I already had the twins on at that point so they were begging for more fuel....still are :doh:

power did go up, and with a pump that would supply all they demand would be even better I'm sure. I have pretty high mileage on my pump, so I'd imagine if you had a lower mile pump you wouldn't have a problem supporting 90's. BBRam didn't have a problem on his truck before he got the 200's and Floor it pump on his. He had right around 50K miles then.

·
Registered
739 Posts
as said earlier, if you can wait on Shane, do it. Nothing but top notch sh*t! Also, don't do nozels without at least an arson too.

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
I ran 90hp DDP's. Ran them with the stock CP3 (+ dual feed line) and zero RP issues. Smoke was very minimal (twins) as for sop hp gain, it was there, but felt minimal as well.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,772 Posts
I ran 90hp DDPs as well with the stock CP3 and stock lines, but I was borderline. lost about 2k rail pressure at WOT after upgrading.

·
Registered
99 Posts
the truck runs awesome with shanes nozzles and pump there was alot of noticeable difference i also picked up about half mile to the gallon

·
Registered
315 Posts
NO haze at idle. Smoke can very easily be kept under control. Flux 2s run way cleaner than DDP 50s. No weird idle issues or WOT issues. I honestly think my truck was quieter at idle with the Flux 2s in. Don't hire a shop to do it. Download DDPs instructions. They are VERY complete. You won't be dissapointed Kyle.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
When I installed my 90's, my hp went up over a 100 hp. Smoke is controlled with the smarty and throttle, at least so far with my expirence. I can also get more psi out of the turbo. If you have the time and tools, it's well worth the while to do it yourself IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How many holes do the stock 03/04 nozzles have?

Anyone know what size, in diameter, the stockers are?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
they have 8 holes... I have them in the garage I could measure them the next time I'm near one of my optical comparators if you would like to know.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts