Votes: 14 23.3%
  • You

Votes: 13 21.7%
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
vvvvv Chuck's Ride vvvvvv
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So who does your Udc tuning? What do you like about your tunes? How does it drive compared to your smarty without UDC? Smoke/power/DD etc..... What do you use your truck for?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Due you due your own tuning or due you have someone due your tuning??

I have my tunes from Innovative. Top notch tunes, along with service. Gordon is great, plain and simple. As for the tunes, my truck is soo much quieter, smoother, and it'll flat out haul azz..it's like driving a new truck. Regular smarty flat out sucks compared to UDC tuned. My truck is mainly my DD, toy, fun vehicle, and tow rig. Power levels are way up, smoke is non existent and drive ability is amazing, better than my new car. I'm super happy with my tunes from Gordon at Innovative Diesel and you will be too.

Reactions: DODGE74

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Gecovey Coffman and Randy Lawless. Coffman Customs they are great to deal with super fast turnaround with tunes and are good people

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Gecovey did mine, fellow TTU alumni, great tune, night ant day difference in smoothness, power, smoke reduction. So much so that the ol' lady even noticed a big difference. I use my truck for DD, light towing, hunting, etc. Couldnt have asked for a better experience

Reactions: gecoveyc

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Coffman right here! Its not just the tuning either. Gecovey sold me his trans and clutch too and even did some awesome stuff on the financial side of that.:worthy: Great guy to work with. We text a lot about various stuff. I've gotten 5 tune rendtions. Each one gets better and better. The last is the combination of the spool of tune 3 with the power of tune 4. Smoke is a lot better too on #5. I think this version will be over 550 and thats doing pretty good with stock injectors. It flat out burns all the way through 4th now and the aam is welded solid. Its a lot to ask of the stock injectors to spool a 66 with little smoke and Gecovey did great with it. He takes my input well on requests out of the truck and gets back to me in a timely fashion always despite a clear exponential increase of workload for him.

I also like that if you buy any part from him he will cover a new tune to help maximize that part. For example, I'm getting lightly used stuff for most of my valvetrain/injector build. But I'm getting the new 103# valve springs through him and he is going to tune for my new 100%'s Norris here is selling me. :thumbup: Even if you don't get a part from him I believe retunes are only $50. Retunes are not just one and done. Its much more of a "Here try this and get back to me" scenario. For that matter, that is true of the whole process.

BTW if you can't tell, I use my truck for getting stress out... HAha. DD, never tow, move friends, landscape my house, tear up the streets, snowy fields and track occasionally. Basically that chevy commercial.

Aaron, I think this is a great thread and I feel like a similar one about clutch mfr's would be nice. ;) I spose I could get around to starting that one up here in a while.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
"Tuning" the "e" is dropped when adding "ing". And you call yourself a tuner... Pfffff lol

I've heard from various people that one of the tuners adds a lot of timing to his tunes. Too much timing and it's bad for the engine. Anyone know how much timing is added?

Reactions: 06 5.9

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I have a tune from Coffman in addition to doing my own tuning. I have a fair grasping of tuning but also wanted to get a tune from someone who had been doing it from pretty much the beginning as well. Compared to TNT-R, UDC is smoother, more power, and has less timing rattle. Here's a dyno sheet comparing my tuning to Coffmans. I believe this was the 3rd tune he had sent me after giving him some feedback. I need to get back in touch with him for some more tweaking now that the street triple is in and I can put some power down again :hehe:

Run #3 was my tune. The last run was Coffmans tune.

Reactions: LNaugle

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
"Tuning" the "e" is dropped when adding "ing". And you call yourself a tuner... Pfffff lol

I've heard from various people that one of the tuners adds a lot of timing to his tunes. Too much timing and it's bad for the engine. Anyone know how much timing is added?
be nice if the forum knew who you were talking about, :confused013:

or you could PM me :thumbsup:

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
be nice if the forum knew who you were talking about, :confused013:

or you could PM me :thumbsup:
I agree. I guess I don't need to worry too much since I only have S06 but I'd still like to know.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Not gonna name any names but it is one of the ones mentioned above. With many cheerleaders on here.
If this post was made in reference to us, I can assure you that is not correct. 30 degrees is the max we go and that is at rpms over 3500. Most of our tunes will not exceed 28 degrees. I may have went 32 on a fully built motor, but that would be at high rpm with the hard parts to handle it.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Not gonna name any names but it is one of the ones mentioned above. With many cheerleaders on here.
Not sure who this is directed at, but I can guarantee there has never been a tune sent from us with over 30 degrees of timing.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I can tell you who had the tune and what the timing was at. That's facts enough, but the person will argue anyway I'm sure. And I will also say the the person that recieved the tune does not run the tune anymore because of it. If that person cares to share then fine.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts