Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went, dynoed 449.6 hp

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
I was there all day :thumbsup. I had a great time...wished there was more trucks drag racing though :thud:..but the pulls were nice and I left the day with a new t-shirt and a nice sun burn :lol3: :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Just got back. Couldnt stay Sunday. I thought it was a lot better than I expected. We camped just accross the street and about 9am the parking lot was half full!

Didnt get a chance to watch any drag racing, mainly from the pits though. Pulls were decent. The Pro-Mod class was about the biggest. A bunch of 2.8 super street guy boycotted it this year which realy brought the pulls down.

I mostly wrenched on trucks all day, i thing 5 total from 9am til 2am that night. Poor Garret had a bad weekend. First his tow rig a puller get hail damage comming though the storm friday night, then had his oil pump lock up and might have killed his motor. They are still working right now to get everything back together to get it to pull at least once.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i was there and had a good time and got torched!!!LOL it seemed to me that the lites on the track were giving alot of guys trouble in the drags. u would think that they would kno wat they are doing unless every track is set up a bit different or maybe the officials were crap. oh well it was a good day and hope to bring out a toy of my own by nexr yr.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was there saturday for mostof the day. I watched the drag races and a couple pulls. Bought myself a new tip for the exhaust and some stanadyne. My girlfriend came with and she really enjoyed the drag races. We both liked the white regular cab 2nd gen that was in the drag race, man that truck was fast! I got some good videos too.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
dukeboy you were pulling into the gate to the dyno area when I was walking out. Good numbers.

I didn't get to dyno. It wouldn't take a set of duals on it. I was expecting Dumbars dyno and didn't bring extra stock lugs nuts to take the outers off. BTW my name was the one that was crossed out at the top of the list. :(

I wasn't to impressed with it this year. I missed last year. I know the year before there were a lot more pulling trucks there.

I'll have to think real hard about going next year. If I hadn't meet up with some friends I would have been out the gate before noon.

I'll dyno in terrible houte in two weeks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really, thats weird, after i went, they had a ton of duallies go, one of their employees ran to autozone and got some lug nuts to do that with. the drags sucked, very disappointed, the vendors even werent what i expected, i expected to see abunch of brand specific stuff like stickers and banners, flags, t-shirts and such, but there was hardly any of that, my GF went with me and she was wanting to get a cummins shirt, but we couldnt find one that was worth 15-20 bucks. the pulls were better but the officals were idiots and sucked, i only stayed for the work stock class and i watch 3 guys not get the chains tight and the officals didnt catch it and one snaped a drive shaft and possibly an axle shaft and another blew the trans and i forget what the other did, but the officals standing right there should have caught it, it was very obivous from the stands how loose it was.

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
we were there under the big white tent on the GN trailer at the start line of the drag strip (pit side). Had a good time but it wasnt like years past

IRP has been fun for the past 4 years but I wont be returning.

RIP IRP

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah it sounds like a number of things killed it this year, im sure fuel prices didnt help any, why did they boycott??

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was there on Sunday I thought the burnouts were the best, didn't see drags, but the pulls it took too long to get from truck to truck.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I went for Saturday, and there definitely wasn't nearly as much trucks as I would've liked to see hooking. So I thought I'd stick around to see what would happen at night..because that always gets rowdy..BUT the only black and white I saw would throw the cuffs on. Then they came and threw us out of the hotel parking lot, so I retreated back home at 12...talk about a let down..oh well..At least I got me a billet grill upper and lower for 50 bucks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Only my 3rd year going, and you could tell things were down. The spectator parking was noticeably smaller.

The Plainfield Police killed the "afterparty". Last year was totally different.

Good way to start the summer of truck pulls. :thumbsup

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
We got lucky and the Sheriff patroling our lot was realy cool. We talked to him for at least 2 hours about turkey hunting. He even let us throw a PureDieselPower.Com sticker on his patrol car!

Im not going to worry one bit about Indy next year. Make plans for TS Outlaw event next year. It makes indy look like a Special Ed class!

Oh and the Boycott is a long story. But basically last year the DHRA decided to not pay and prize money and awards to some of the racers. I cant remember the entire story but that is the gist of it. Personally I dont think the DHRA will be around much longer unless the change A LOT of different things.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah the cops down there were pretty cool. We were talking to a couple Plainfield cops on bicycles and one was like "If I was off duty, I'd be out here drinking a cold one with ya" They could have cared less, it was just the people of Plainfield were complaining I guess. And I definitely plan on heading down to Bowling Green next year. I would've made it there this year if it wasn't for finals being on Monday:thud:

·
Registered
191 Posts
i was there didnt get to take my truck but still had a blast. lots of good looking scenery make it that much better.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was there Saturday from 11am until the truck pulls ended. I did see some CF members trucks in the pit area. Didnt really see anyone around thier truck and dont know any faces. :lol3: The drags were awesome. It was a good time but I thought the event would be a little bigger.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, im going to hit TS next year, heres a pic of my truck on the dyno

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
we were there under the big white tent on the GN trailer at the start line of the drag strip (pit side). Had a good time but it wasnt like years past

IRP has been fun for the past 4 years but I wont be returning.

RIP IRP
I agree 100%....TS next year :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 47 Posts