Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my 5500 Chassis Cab and I want to put 40” or 44” tires. As soon as possible. What size lift do I need for this? I’ve heard with a front end leveling kit, 2.5” font lift, it should be able to do 40’s no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts
Can I get a good deal on your take-off tires and wheels? :creep:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I get a good deal on your take-off tires and wheels? :creep:

If/when I get to that process and there’s anything left on the factory takeoffs I’ll try as remember this conversation haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kelderman all the way. The ride is amazing, give Kasey a call. They did my 2016 I couldn't believe the difference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
we own a construction company, but the truck is pretty much my daily driver. The ride after the install was a thousand times better. That 5500 will rattle your teeth stock.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Look at this thread.
https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-cab-chassis/602274-5500-srw-pick-up-build-up-w-pics-3.html

That's basically 35x11 tires on his truck.
I know you're trying hard to figure out how to dump a pile of money into the new mall crawler you're buying, but take a look at what it will take to put 40-44" tires on it and what you'd have to do to it to fit that size. 40's ain't going on with just a leveling kit, especially with a hauler bed like you want.

Honestly, if you want to build a monster truck, a 3500 is a better platform to do it with both cost and practicality wise (even though practicality has 0 to do with it, because a class 3-5 diesel truck is rendered just about useless sitting on a huge lift and wheels)
You're into military wheels/tires if you want to keep real load capacity or have it on LT tires and only able to carry it's own weight.
Car shows and maybe mud bogs if you want to mod it to put down enough power to propel a 10klb + truck across a mud pit.

It'll make a real monster truck if you want it to, but will be a bunch of work and supporting modifications to get there.

·
Registered
12,095 Posts
I just ordered my 5500 Chassis Cab and I want to put 40” or 44” tires. As soon as possible. What size lift do I need for this? I’ve heard with a front end leveling kit, 2.5” font lift, it should be able to do 40’s no problem.

If/when I get to that process and there’s anything left on the factory takeoffs I’ll try as remember this conversation haha
You need to try keeping your thoughts straight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look at this thread.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4th-gen-cab-chassis/602274-5500-srw-pick-up-build-up-w-pics-3.html

That's basically 35x11 tires on his truck.

I know you're trying hard to figure out how to dump a pile of money into the new mall crawler you're buying, but take a look at what it will take to put 40-44" tires on it and what you'd have to do to it to fit that size. 40's ain't going on with just a leveling kit, especially with a hauler bed like you want.

Honestly, if you want to build a monster truck, a 3500 is a better platform to do it with both cost and practicality wise (even though practicality has 0 to do with it, because a class 3-5 diesel truck is rendered just about useless sitting on a huge lift and wheels)

You're into military wheels/tires if you want to keep real load capacity or have it on LT tires and only able to carry it's own weight.

Car shows and maybe mud bogs if you want to mod it to put down enough power to propel a 10klb + truck across a mud pit.

It'll make a real monster truck if you want it to, but will be a bunch of work and supporting modifications to get there.

I do have access to military tires and I’m running 37” wrangler MTRs on my 96chevy k3500. Also I do plan to use it to haul every once it awhile. I help some friend move heavy equipment and oversized yachts when asked. Ideally I’d like to do something like this.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Good luck with your project. Be sure to post the build up when you do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts