Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for some help... i woke up this morning went out started the truck and went back inside, letting it warm up for about 15-20 mins... unplugged the truck and went on my way and i looked in the mirror and my truck was smoking on my way to work and didnt stop even after being half warm... could it be the addative i put in it to keep the fuel liquified? stock truck nothing on it except exhaust and intake... the smoke dissapeared quickly like it was steam or something...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no codes and I bought gauges but I haven't put them in yeti have an air dog so I would assume fuel pressure is ok... I just drove home and I let it warm up before leaving, it went into high idle for about 15 mins and then I left no smoke at idle or while driving... its supposed to get to -5 to -15 tonight I just wanna make sure its going to be ok to drive...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay man just making sure I aint hurting it, I baby this truck and I have never had a problem in the cold except fuel gelled up once, but its been a really cold year usually doesn't get that cold around here

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it just has never done it while I was driving, especially after warming up a bit, it was just weird... I wasn't worried about it at idle because I think they all do that

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright guys thanks for clearing that up for me have a good one fellas:thumbup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine blows white smoke on real cold mornings even after it warms up completely. It is just that cold I guess any kind of heat will make vapor like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.