Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple days ago, 6 months after I installed the FloPro 5"TBE with 470Ohm sims and the PS fooler. I start getting constant white smoke, truck was going into regen all day, the overhead did 4 regens in the matter of a few hours, always going to 100% full. I followed a couple guys instructions and replaced the 470 Ohm resistors with 330 Ohm, problem seem to have gone away for a day, this mornin Im driving and on decel at slow speeds the white smoke comes out again. WTF??? So i unplugged the EGR after I seen the smoke this mornin and havnt seen any yet. Im feeling its going to come back, just a matter of time.. Any input?? Should I screw with the Pressure fooler too?
I called my dealer, and he said the FloPro R&D guy is on holidays right now, so I aint gettin any answers from them anytime soon!! I know you guys have all the answers, so what are they?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I suggest yes, do the pressure sensor fooler. It worked for me. Seems to have worked for others too.
It seems like the EGR can be unplugged/blocked without the DPF delete. However it is looking more and more that a complete trouble free DPF delete takes the 3 x 330 ohm egt foolers and the 110/390 press fooler. Code clearing helps too.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what are the chances my pressure fooler is a 110/390 from flopro?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
So what are the chances my pressure fooler is a 110/390 from flopro?
Sorry about that. I didn't notice you did have a PS fooler. I dunno the spec's on it. You could measure it. How does it hook up. I recall seeing plenty of posts about connection issues with wire tap foolers. I prefer to connect via the connector.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that. I didn't notice you did have a PS fooler. I dunno the spec's on it. You could measure it. How does it hook up. I recall seeing plenty of posts about connection issues with wire tap foolers. I prefer to connect via the connector.

Ya its a PITA, and those t taps arent very weather resistant. I might just take it apart tommorow and check it out, and maybe add a ground to chasis off the black wire.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
That sucks you have regens Matt. It has to be your EGT sims. I don't have a pressure sensor sim. My pressure sensor is plugged in and the hose's are off and the lines are unblocked. Pull each of your EGT connectors apart and measure the Ohms. With the new flashs 470 Ohms is right on the verge of regen. I would suggest making or buying 330 Ohm sims. I had the 470Ohms tapped on all my EGT probes and I had zero regen. Then when I removed my EGT probes in the exhaust I put 330 Ohm's in. I still havent had a regen in about 2 years. i hope you get it figured.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sucks you have regens Matt. It has to be your EGT sims. I don't have a pressure sensor sim. My pressure sensor is plugged in and the hose's are off and the lines are unblocked. Pull each of your EGT connectors apart and measure the Ohms. With the new flashs 470 Ohms is right on the verge of regen. I would suggest making or buying 330 Ohm sims. I had the 470Ohms tapped on all my EGT probes and I had zero regen. Then when I removed my EGT probes in the exhaust I put 330 Ohm's in. I still havent had a regen in about 2 years. i hope you get it figured.

Godd damanit!!! :whip: didnt you read my first post????? :banghead:

i did take apart my 470's rebuilt them with the 330's, soldered them, checked them, they measured 321 ohms after being connected, installed them, had no smoke for 1 full day, but today, it was trace amounts of white smoke, nothing like a full regen, just a few puffs at low rpm on decel. But enough to piss me off. I wonder if I should try taing off my PS, and pluggin in the connector

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Godd damanit!!! :whip: didnt you read my first post????? :banghead:

i did take apart my 470's rebuilt them with the 330's, soldered them, checked them, they measured 321 ohms after being connected, installed them, had no smoke for 1 full day, but today, it was trace amounts of white smoke, nothing like a full regen, just a few puffs at low rpm on decel. But enough to piss me off. I wonder if I should try taing off my PS, and pluggin in the connector
Haha.... your first post was too long so I skipped it. I say it's your PMT that's giving you grief. Torquey had some bad turbo trouble caused by the PMT so he pulled the tune.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
heard someone saying something along the lines of what skin posted. Also is it possible that when you had the 470's the truck had started a regen then when you changed them to the 330's it sensed it was to hot but eventually the regen system determined it had an incomplete regen and is attempting to complete it. I read something about "not changing driving habbits during regen" which you didnt but changing the sims would make the ECM think you did. This may be way off just thinking logic man:confused013:I know the 330's should tell the ecm it is to hot but these trucks seem to have logic of there own sometimes

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha.... your first post was too long so I skipped it. I say it's your PMT that's giving you grief. Torquey had some bad turbo trouble caused by the PMT so he pulled the tune.

I thought it might of been, but it started like a month or 2 after I had 1017D installed, then really got bad after I installed 1017G.. So I returned the truck to stock for a bit, and i was still gettin white smoke.

and oh my freaken god its snowing outside... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The first thing I would try is unplugging the pressure sim, and plugging the harness back into the factory sensor. On some flashes, the pressure sim will cause a regen. The only purpose of the pressure sim is for the new flashes that get a cat full message from the p244a code. If you plug it back into the sensor and get a p244a code, but no overhead stating "cat full", you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
allright, ill try that today if I get time.. thanks for the info!!!

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
allright, ill try that today if I get time.. thanks for the info!!!
Any updates Matt? Like I said I don't have a pressure sim and I havent had a regen in a very long time.

PS: It snowed here yesterday. :banging:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any updates Matt? Like I said I don't have a pressure sim and I havent had a regen in a very long time.

PS: It snowed here yesterday. :banging:

update, since I unplugged the EGR I have not seen an ounce of white. Just lots of BLACK!!!!! good ol 1017G!!!

keepn my fingers crossed..

again thanks for the help guys

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
That's great news Matt. Keep us posted if it come back.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no smoke again today!!! WOOWEE

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Nice! :roof:

·
Retired Engineer
558 Posts
What I suggest you need is the new FloPro 27671 DPF Delete Electronics
Contact you FloPro Dealer. ZERO REGEN, ZERO DPF CODES/
I have been Bata testing it for the past 5 months, 90,000 Km All weather from Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC South to Ft MacLeod North to Peace River and Ft McMurray

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What I suggest you need is the new FloPro 27671 DPF Delete Electronics
Contact you FloPro Dealer. ZERO REGEN, ZERO DPF CODES/
I have been Bata testing it for the past 5 months, 90,000 Km All weather from Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC South to Ft MacLeod North to Peace River and Ft McMurray

I keep contactin my dealer, and they cant seem to help me.. Can I buy directly from FLOPRO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts