Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 4X4 2500
Slight whinning sound coming from either transfer case or tranny when accelerating, when cruising or in 5th gear it seems to go away ????? we pull a 25ft fifth wheel trailer and this just started a couple monthe ago anyone hane an ideal what would cause this ?? all fluids are good and have been changed

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Sounds like a bearing in tranny. Have you ever changed fluid or put a extra quart of fluid in tranny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whiining Tranny

The fluid was changed not long ago but we have been on a trip from Colorado to Mexico then to Calif and back to Colorado, now back in Calif getting ready to go to Arizona so it's been quite a few miles towing a fifth wheel trailer the whine doesn't get real loud YET and didn't know about an extra ouart of oil in a manual tranny ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Chevy pickup that had a winning problem. It finally got so bad I had to look for it. Put it on jack stands and ran it. When we pulled the drive shaft it went away. Found the pinion bearing race had started to pit.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Gear drive:rof

The whining I had turned out to be a wheel bearing but I imagine with as many miles a you clock you'd know the difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still Whinning

It doesn't seem like a wheel bearing and just happens under acceleration and as soon as you ease up on the peddle it goes away' just don't want to burn a tranny or transfer case up

·
Registered
523 Posts
maybe a pump whine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts