Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will somebody send me plans on how to make these whilly's whistler intakes. I gutted my tourqe tube and have a 4510 amsoil would it sounds any different??

·
Registered
435 Posts
search for threads with willy's whistler in there. most parts are from intakehoses.com and it's a 6" 90* elbow and a 6"x6" aluminum tube and associated clamps. One thing I thought about was with removing the baffles, is the turbo able to pick up as much air because the air is turning in the same direction as the turbo spins? just something to consider. I might try putting my baffles back in for a sample run. I'll try to keep you informed but I love the whistle.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
There will be negligible difference between your setup and the "Willy's Whistler" setup.

One thing I thought about was with removing the baffles, is the turbo able to pick up as much air because the air is turning in the same direction as the turbo spins?
Baffles hinder performance and are merely to reduce noise. The "elbow guide" is the only thing you should leave in the intake tubes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks thats what i'v been trying to figure out this whole time i'm not goin to waste my time then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts