Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to watch the fuel mileage on my 04.5 and with a large single on it and 200 hp injectors i am getting around 9 mpg or so. I dont drive it alot (1700 miles last year) but was wondering will a set of twins increase my mileage or do i have a issue with the motor? I plan on pulling the injectors and having them tested and doing a compression test on it while they are out. So any ideas on what is wrong or is that normal?

·
Registered
483 Posts
being that you have a lot of mods and you dont drive it much i wouldn't be surprised that your only getting 9mpg because your probably always putting your foot in it. If you want to check to see if its hurt i would do a leakdown test on her.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
being that you have a lot of mods and you dont drive it much i wouldn't be surprised that your only getting 9mpg because your probably always putting your foot in it. If you want to check to see if its hurt i would do a leakdown test on her.
i think for the most part i have out grown the driving like a idiot stages and blowing smoke everywhere.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it's got upgrades, aren't you supposed to push it hard? Lol
Fuel mileage will be worse with a big single. More likely then not it will take more effort/fuel to get the big single rolling
Believe me I have pushed it hard I sled pulled with it every weekend for 2 years straight but now it just sits in the garage so i need to detune it and drive it more or fix it if there is a problem and sell it and let someone else have as much fun as i did with it

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I never got below 13 mpg with the s472 and the s468 and my 215s even with the smarty for tuning. With the twins i might be getting a tad better but its hard to tell

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much of a increase should i see if i changed the turbine housing to a .90 instead of the 1.10 that is on it?? and i am runnig a s472 with 225 sticks, large cam shaft and decompressed pistons if any of that helps

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
It would def spool faster with the. 9 but i dunno if that would help economy but just make it more fun in the midrange. I wonder if your being decompressed a bit lowers your mpgs?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would have a hard time justifying spending all that money on that truck to switch the setup if your only driving it a little bit. Its fun to play around with them though.

I tell you what ill give you my stock turbo parts and injectors and you give me yours and we will call it a fair trade :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts