Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at adding 150hp injectors and was wondering which ones offer the most bang for the bucks?

I am also turbo shopping a little
I was looking at some of PDR's turbos (the hx35or40), the BD super B , and maybe a garrett if they make one small enough.

Obviously i would also need to add at least a 4" exhaust to the mix as well. Probably a FBD one.

What size turbo would appropriate (not twins) for that setup that is gonna aid in towing and fun factor?

what do the numbers mean? 62-66mm?

#/#/# ?

Any idea what the rough HP numbers will be that (and the stuff in my sig)

Thanks for helping this diesel newbie

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
with 150's and the juice, i'd go for a 62/14

and i think the FBD, or coaltrains are the way to go on the 150's and for power you should hit mid- high 400's easily

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
the 62- 66 is the size of the compressor housing, basically hoe large the "cold" side housing is. the bigger the housing, the more CFM it will flow efficiently.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
62 is the housing
is 14 the inlet size?

· Banned
544 Posts
14 is Exhaust Housing. 62 is Compressor

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
yeah, so a 12cm exh. housing will spool faster than a 14, but will have higher egt's, and more drive pressure, cuz it is more restrictive for the exhaust to get out. it's all a toss up, you have to scrifice somewhere. but with the setup you're looking at, you need some serious egt controll. i hit 1600* with my 150's and adr real quick. i'm actually gonna get a 64 on mine. but if you go bigger you get more lag. and more smoke tryin to spool it

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so whats the third number everyone always throws out there?

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
in my book the indusrial injection silver 64, or an HTT 64/14 is the best turbo's to get. the garrets are really nice too, but i don't know alot about them.

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
62/71/14 would be a quick spooling turbo that would handle those injectors.

62mm compressor wheel/71mm turbine/14cm exhaust housing

If your looking at the garretts, you would want the stage 2 or 3

· Registered
286 Posts
im running the super b and i now wish i had got the special...dont get me wrong, the b work great, but it does get a lil warm with comp/smarty stack and big injectors...just my $.02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.