Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons of a 64/71/16 or a 66/74/14. Any input is much appreciated.

· Registered
572 Posts
how about a 64/65/13ss what would it be like im just curious

· Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Pros and cons of a 64/71/16 or a 66/74/14. Any input is much appreciated.
Im not sure on what fueling that you have but the 66/74 is going to be laggy compared to that special. If your going for all out dyno queen then you might want to go the 66 route.

· Registered
1,762 Posts
no comments on the 64/65/13ss
the spool will be super fast but worry about drive pressure issues with the s480 on bottom, if your doing a 480 at least do the 71 wheel. Its kinda like my setup i have a s362/65/12 over a s475 spools stupid fast but i am worried when i put the 150-175's sticks in if the drive will be through the roof. right now its about 75 to my 65 psi of boost which is not bad, but we will see....

· Registered
572 Posts
thanks denver much appreciated would it be better or worse with 90hp sticks sorry for the hijacking im also wanting to know pros and cons of the 64

· Registered
572 Posts
yes still with the 64 if used with a 480 how would drive pressure be with 90s and would it be any different with a 475

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Too fast of a spool up......i like it that way for street driving but kinda sucks on the top end......whats up joey?
You wouldn't like it if it kept breaking transmission parts every time you just drive or get power. It just puts so much power to the ground with a tight converter and broke so many parts. You seen my videos where my truck took off fast on top end with that setup.

With the new setup, it spools fast and EGT's are cooler in every way. Really going from 62/65/13 to 64/71/13 didn't make a difference. But boost went up.

· Registered
572 Posts
well since im just getting into this i would like to run a 64/65/13ss over a 475 with 120 sticks since i already have the 64 and 120s and i would love to be able to just have to add the 475

· Registered
1,762 Posts
You wouldn't like it if it kept breaking transmission parts every time you just drive or get power. It just puts so much power to the ground with a tight converter and broke so many parts. You seen my videos where my truck took off fast on top end with that setup. With the new setup, it spools fast and EGT's are cooler in every way. Really going from 62/65/13 to 64/71/13 didn't make a difference. But boost went up.
you and trannies joey...... im running a 5 star with a lockup on stock shafts and haven't broke anything yet.....(knock on wood) LOL..........

· Registered
4,129 Posts
you and trannies joey...... im running a 5 star with a lockup on stock shafts and haven't broke anything yet.....(knock on wood) LOL..........
Your not making any power, thats why :buttkick: :rof . Well as you seen from the movies, the truck makes power so fast. It was just too much stress on shafts and clutches. 3 transmission parts broken in 2 months is something. I leave my Torque Management on 1 on Smarty TNT/r and don't get on it from the get go. I only get on it passing cars on freeway.

This new setup is really weird as well. I thought it was going to slow spool up, but with Shane's Mafia Nozzles and the Loose converter. This thing just goes 5psi-80psi in a heart beat. I will post videos very soon. Trying to work on other truck in a bit and have the new clutch installed into it.

Joey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.