Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which transmission do i get?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Bushhog750 
#1 ·
I've got an 03 that the transmission just went out in. Rather than replace it with a stocker I figured I might as well spend a little extra and get something that is going to last for a while. My truck just has an exhaust, intake, and a smarty. I mostly use it for daily driving, but it does tow a boat a lot and I am generally just not very easy on it. What transmission should I buy and where do I get it?

#4 ·
Suncoast converters & trans

Works for me, full billet and triple disc tq and flex plate!:thumbsup: :flag1::flag::flag::flag::usa:

#5 ·
What state? Go w HTS, Goerend or DTT

#8 ·
I just want a transmission that won't take a crap on me like the stocker did. I tend to have a heavy foot and need something that will hold up. Oh and I am located near Sacramento, ca if anybody knows of a place around here. Thanks for the replies guys, this is all new to me so any input is appreciated.

#9 ·
Talk to fordassasin and Neel and some of those guys they are all out there in cali I believe... I am not sure which tranny company is out in those parts but I know they they will all ship one too ya... I know Goerend makes a very solid one for like 3500 bucks or so that will hold some power and last as far as what you are wanting... Some more people will chime in on this subject:headbang:

#11 ·
:ditto: Give Jason a call, you wont regret it.

#12 ·
where in north georgia would a man go to get a transmission built. i am currently on my second dealer installed transmission. im to the point now where i dont care about voiding any warranty and i want to build my truck. i also have a heavy foot. i take off 90% of the time pretty strong. i dont tow alot or very heavy loads when i do tow. the most i would ever tow would be around 10k pounds. what kind of transmission should i be looking for any certain make or model. should i just buy the good parts or is it better just to buy a whole new unit already built and install it. i need some help guys.

#14 ·
dsalram how much was the goerend unit you have. i just want to drive down the road and be able to have that comftorable feeling that my tranny isnt going to crap on me. i kick myself in the nuts everday for not getting a 6 speed. but i guess with enough money a really good auto can be built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.