Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a new torque converter, so I need to know what is recommended. I want to also add a valve body and flex plate while I am at it.

Truck specs:
2006 3500 Mega Cab with 70k miles.
Stock except for mild lift and 35" tires

Duty:
Daily driver and tow a heave toy hauler every couple of months for 600 miles per trip and pulling long grades.

Planned future power upgrades:
Maybe a +100hp tuner of some type
Exhaust and intake
Nothing crazy or over the top

What are the best parts out there for the money?

Also, should I go triple disk, or not?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Double post :doh:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Talk to Dave at Goerend, he'll hook you up. might seem like a lot of money now but get the triple disc converter and a high pressure valve body so you know down the road you wont hurt your tranny.

·
Registered
441 Posts
DTT call them and they will get u all set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have already spoke with Mike over at Inglewood Transmissions in Fullerton, CA and he also likes to go with the Goering unit for our trucks. I am going to do the TC, VB, Billet input shaft and flex plate. He said that once he has it out, he will see if I need anything else. I may just go ahead and do the whole thing, but I am going to wait and follow his suggestions, once it is out of the truck.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
so the Goerend trannys are worth the money.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Goerend = Lifetime warranty, great product, awesome customer support.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Goerend or Garmon gets my vote. Both are great companies who stand behind their product.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,567 Posts
Depends what you want to waste. I mean spend. Don't be one of the fools that buys a triple disc lockup cause it's the stronger one when you don't need it. Those are the guys that then come in whining that their lockup is too harsh.

For the record, I couldn't be happier with my HTS valve body and Edge converter if I was staying at just 100hp over stock.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm looking at the same upgrades, but am worried that I may become too addicted once I start adding power. I would say the TC is the toughest decision triple vs single disk. How much power would a strong single be able to hold?

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,567 Posts
I'm looking at the same upgrades, but am worried that I may become too addicted once I start adding power. I would say the TC is the toughest decision triple vs single disk. How much power would a strong single be able to hold?
550/1050 for sure. And drives like a dream. Always glad I went with proven experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.