Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on timing and railpressure is recommended with my mods?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But if i only go with the smarty?

·
Banned
516 Posts
do u have the tnt or just the revo! if its just the revo i would put them on #4!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Does the revo software boost fool as well? I used to hit 42 psi with the old #5 but now I am only getting 32psi on any setting? The only thing I changed was downloading the revo.

·
Banned
516 Posts
isn't there a option for the wastegate.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
isn't there a option for the wastegate.
Yep... doesn't change whether I turn it off or on. Still at 32max now.

Used to get 40 on the old tune.

·
Banned
516 Posts
i dunno i never downloaded the revo i just went straight for the tnt! with the tnt i can get 39 and like you said use to be able to get 42!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
With mine if i'am shifting I will only hit around 30 but when i'am in 6th and go to pass someone and hit it hard the boost goes up to 40, at first I thought I had a leak cause I just installed my new gauges but then I seen it hit 40 but I can only get it in 6th and gettin on it.

·
Banned
516 Posts
i dont think its a bad thing..i thought i remember reading somewhere that the stock turbo is only good to 38!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i dunno i never downloaded the revo i just went straight for the tnt! with the tnt i can get 39 and like you said use to be able to get 42!
Starting to make more sense now. I may stick with the revo instead of the TNT. I tow heavy so it may be best to stay with the lower tune. Last time I crossed the scales I was right at 25k so I may need to leave it on the calm side.

Thanks for the info fellas.

Chris

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Interesting I was just bout to get the revo now I don't know if I want to. Can't wait to hear some other opinions bout this. Were is Bob lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A couple of guys on here have said that they hit 50 psi on the stock turbo. I have never tried to see what I can get. With chip turned half way up I hit 40 no problem so I think 50 is possible

·
Registered
11,106 Posts
Happy camper.

The Revo defaulted 4.14 set on sw#3 is all I can use with the fuel costs being what they are. I carry 2000# on my back and love the stock clutch. Mileage is up a bit,smoke minimal wih proper driving and the engine is as quiet as stock. As they say in this part of the country,"I'm stoked!"

·
Banned
516 Posts
why would you want to hit 50 on a stock turbo! im sure it can really handle that!

·
Banned
516 Posts
i know. im not trying to be @$$ or anything. im just asking why you would want to!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I do like the revo better than the other tune that I had. I really enjoy being able to use a lesser tune with less torque management. I don't like the hard hit of the power band with the stock truck and I do like being able to modify parts of the tune to clean up the smoke. I used to tow on 3 and play on 5 but 5 always smoked too much all the time for my preference. Now I can have the minimal smoke of 3 and have the moderate torque management setting that 5 used to give me and all is peachy. I'll know how much more I like it when towing after the weekend. I am making a 700 mile trip next weekend so we'll see if it helps the mileage.

Also the safety net for the stock turbo isn't so horrible either. I know I can get the other tune when I want it so if I feel the need to do play with the rice patties then I can and when it is time to work I let it work. I am towing my house around with me for work so the safer the tune that still has options, the better off I really am.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts