Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been running my juice for a lil less then a month and I have only been about proaly 500 miles in a month... and I am getting ready to take a couple trips just driving no pulling and I was wondering which setting you guys are getting the best mpg out of I've heard if you run it on 5 and keep your foot outa it you will get the best and then again i have heard the same on 2... I know the key to better fuel mileage is keeping rpm's down just wondering which is gonna give me the best results??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
use either 2 or 3

·
Registered
411 Posts
My buddy said he got the best with #5, I never saw a increase at all with the Edge.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i get the best mileage on 3. besides 3, 4 and 5 are about the same on the highway but when passing the egts dont climb as fast on 3

·
Registered
277 Posts
Even stacked my best has come from 3/1-3/5

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
never saw an increase with that product. But in general, the farther the timing is advanced, the better mileage

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
With my ramifier/edge stack i get the best fuel economy on 3, I turned the low boost fueling all the way down to 1, gained about 1.5 mpg by making the switch from 1 to 3, but I also baby it when I drive...

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
The last 2 tanks of fuel I've run have gotten me 575 and 623 miles each. I should get about 600 out of this tank also. I'm running the Juice on 3/5.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When you say 3/5 what do yall actually mean, is that the setting and low boost?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I run mine on 3X1 This way you get the most timing and the less fuel. 5 setting of low boost fuel is wasting fuel out of the pipe.. besides, you can set the 4,5,6 on low boost of 5 and have all the wonderfull smoke you can desire at the push of a button....

·
Registered
134 Posts
besides, you can set the 4,5,6 on low boost of 5 and have all the wonderfull smoke you can desire at the push of a button....
What does that mean?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The Edge with the Hot Unlock has 6 levels of power. Thus the 4,5,6. The low boost is where you can adjust from a level of 1 for fuel which brings the fuel on very slow and up to a level 5 which will bring the low boost fuel on very quickly thus clogging a 4 lane...

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I find that with my truck, that it runs better with the "low boost fueling" on the higher setting. The boost at cruising is lower and the EGT's are lower also!! That's my story.:thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts