Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 cummins with bushwacker pocket flares, i want to get blacked out rims that stick out at least 2 inches on each side of the truck to match the flares. I would like to keep the stock tires on the new rims, but what offset and backspacing should i do to make it wider? also does postive mm make it wider or negative make it wider? Im looking at american racing atx series 17 by 8.5 with a 15mm offset and a backspace of 5.375/137. will these be wider?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i dunno what to believe haha other people told me positve mm makes the wheels stick out more i dunno

·
Registered
368 Posts
Negative offset will push the wheel outside the truck . i ordered a set of American Eagle wheels last week, model is Series 197 in 17x9 , the ofset was -11mm so that equal to 4.5 Backspacing, i will install them on my truck this weekend with my 315s BF A/T, so i can post pics if you want

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Negative offset will push the wheel outside the truck . i ordered a set of American Eagle wheels last week, model is Series 197 in 17x9 , the ofset was -11mm so that equal to 4.5 Backspacing, i will install them on my truck this weekend with my 315s BF A/T, so i can post pics if you want
yea for sure post a pic .what was the website? i couldnt seem to find that series is it a blacked out rim?

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
pro comp extremes..maybe in my pics album they stick out a little. standard offset. couldnt post em here

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice i might go with those xds then

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
he picked up the package from the site I posted (rimzoneonline.com) and is very happy with the tires and how quiet they are.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
kmc makes xd wheels...they are garbage and that company will not stand behind their rpoduct

1 - 11 of 11 Posts