Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 6.7 and I still have the DPF, CAT, and EGR. I am looking at the Edge juice with attitude and the MP-8. I know that you can stack them but what would be best results with my current restrictions? I plan on stacking them together but just want one right now that wont totally trash my DPF. Thanks for any help.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
With the choice of the one or the other that you listed. Then I would go with the Edge first. The Edge will give you some added power and milage but will also give you the digital gauges that will allow you to keep an eye on your EGTs, trans and boost.

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
:ditto:
Plus the edge will monitor the regens and shut off it's fuelling when in regen so you don't over fuel, and the turbo timer is great when you come off the highway and your egts are over 1100, it will let the truck cool off before shutting down.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edge is on sale now too so I think that I am going to go that route. Now this is a stupid question but I also have to buy a pyrometer to be able to monitor the EGTs? I'm new to the whole diesel world so pardon my ignorance. Thanks guys.

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
Just go ahead and get you an H&S Peroformance XRT (Xtreme Race Tuner).

You can leave your emissions equipment in tact and gain 50 hp over stock...but you can also remove your emissions equipment and gain up to 120 HP over stock...and coming out soon is the 175 HP tune...and after that a 220 HP tune!!!

So, you will always have room to grow...You know what I mean?

In other words later you won't have to buy another programmer to get massive power gains, plus you won't have to buy any "fooler boxes" for your exhaust, b/c the XRT comes with it's own SIMS, and it turns off the EGR/Regen systems.

If you have any questions, here's there website where you can read all about it:

H&S Performance - XRT Race Tuner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts