Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 2004 (purchased in the fall of 03) Dodge 3500 with a cummings diesel. I have been running an Edge chip since it was new. My chip went out and I am looking for what the best chip would be.

My friends say Bullydog....but none of them drive a Dodge.

I don't want to spend a fortune. I just want about a 60 to 75 hp increase and want good fuel economy. From time to time I pull a 35 ft 5th wheel RV.

I would also like to monitor my transmission temp, ehaust temp, and boost pressure.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
First make sure you have a "Cummins" engine :lol3:. Just messin with you. If you want to measure all of those things, get some mechanical gauges installed. As for the chip, Smarty Jr. would be good. Smarty programmers are made only for Dodge trucks. I have never heard anything negative about them.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I love my edge juice w/attitude. the same thing happend to me awhile back. the screen started act'n all weird. so one day i just took it off and kinda drove around with out it.

another day we decided to go on a trip to pismo beach where i would be pulling a 13,000lbs trailer on to the beach. Since i wanted to monitor my temps, i needed some guages and might as well get some power while im at it , right. WEll long story short , all i did was send it to EDge(arizona), without the warranty papers , and a more than a year old. they fixed it for free no question asked and even updated it. i would say stay with edge, and save some money

1 - 3 of 3 Posts