Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck into carter on lougheed for a p2579 code (turbo speed sensor fault)

first they tell me its because of my airraid box (spooling the turbo too fast melting the sensor) and that they told me they should void my warranty .. but they were "nice" and asked me to put my stock air box back on..

They changed the sensor, code 2580 comes up, same sensor, different fault.. they said it was a bad replacement sensor..

They changed the sensor one more time , same code, now they say I need a new ECU as mine has internal failure ..

I'm sorry but I'm not buying it.. I want to take it to another dealer for a second opinion before shelling out some serious dough for an ecu since it won't be warrantied.

anyone have recommendations on a good lower mainland dealer that knows their cummins ?

thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
I go to Abby dodge in the auto mall. The manager doesn't care about the mods. I have bin to several others and have found that most don't know what they are doing. On a side note , are you coming to the meet and greet tomorrow ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts