Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, and the gen 4 trucks, and I want to level my truck. My question is, which level kit to go with? It seems like everyone nod their mother makes a level kit for these trucks, and I wanted to know if any particular one is better than the other?

I found one on eBay, that comes with sway bar relocation brackets, and it seems the others I've found don't list anything for the sway bar; is it needed? I'll also be ordering bilstein 5100's when I do this.

Also, is an adjustable track bar needed when doing a level kit?

Dodge RAM 2 5" 1500 2500 3500 Leveling Kit with Sway Bar Relocation Brackets | eBay

Thanks for your input!

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Stay away from that ebay kit, doesn't look all that great.
In the upper left corner of this page is a search function. Type in "4th gen leveling kit" and prepare yourself for several dozen pages of good information. The leveling topic has been beaten to death and resurrected several times.
Good luck!

· Registered
629 Posts
Take a look at Hell Bent Steel for the leveling spacers but I wouldn't do a spacer for the sway bar. It's better to leave it in the stock location and get longer end links for it. And go with a 2.5" spacer because your springs will settle.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a look at Hell Bent Steel for the leveling spacers but I wouldn't do a spacer for the sway bar. It's better to leave it in the stock location and get longer end links for it. And go with a 2.5" spacer because your springs will settle.
Thank you. I've read a lot of good stuff about the HBS kit, so looks like that's the way I'll go.

· Registered
286 Posts
Thuren and Carli will be the top choices for an adjustable track bar. I went with Carli, haven't installed it yet, or the hbs spacers. But in a couple weeks I will:drool2:

· Registered
629 Posts
+1 on what Rhino said if it's in the budget. Wish I had done that first soon I will do Thuren 3" coils etc.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do yourself a favor and get a set of longer coils instead of spacers, the ride is better, the travel is better, and you have room to grow.
I'd planned on running Bilstein 5100's if I did the spacer kit; which shocks would I need if I went the spring route? With the 3" springs, will the front sit higher than the rear? I saw on Thurens website, where the springs will raise the front 2.85"' and I don't want the front to sit higher than the rear.

· Supporting Vendors
9,572 Posts
You should do your track bar and sway bar, but some people get away without for a while. I don't see the point of doing it halfway on your expensive truck, but that's just my silly opinion.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You should do your track bar and sway bar, but some people get away without for a while. I don't see the point of doing it halfway on your expensive truck, but that's just my silly opinion.
Sorry for all of the questions, but are you saying to change out the actual sway bar, or just upgrade the bushings?

Or, are you saying to install a rear sway bar?

· Registered
2,532 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a set of longer coils instead of spacers, the ride is better, the travel is better, and you have room to grow.
That's my suggestion as well. I have the HBS 2.5" kit and, even though I have no complaints, if I had it to do over again I'd go with Thuren or Carli coils. In fact, I'm probably going to take my spacers out and replace them with 3" coils. Wish I'd got them the first time.

As long as you're staying under 2-3" you don't need sway bar drop brackets or longer end links. You do need longer shocks though or they'll bottom out just from driving off a curb. And a track bar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's my suggestion as well. I have the HBS 2.5" kit and, even though I have no complaints, if I had it to do over again I'd go with Thuren or Carli coils. In fact, I'm probably going to take my spacers out and replace them with 3" coils. Wish I'd got them the first time.

As long as you're staying under 2-3" you don't need sway bar drop brackets or longer end links. You do need longer shocks though or they'll bottom out just from driving off a curb. And a track bar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What about Top Gun Customz? Any idea how their 2.5" springs compare to the Carli or Thuren's?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.