Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Which is better?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  peterc06ram 
#1 ·
Which steering box support brace do you guys think is better. The Solid Steel Industries or the Defiant. The SSI one looks stronger to me and cost about $25 more. The Defiant tucks up real tight to the frame, which I like. I assume it really shouldn't matter that much, but I want to get the best. Looks are everything, so this is why I ask your opinions.

#2 ·
I heard, no first hand experience, that people complain that the SSI one creates too much rigidity and can actually bind the steering. Again nothing first hand with that one. I personally have the Defiant and have had no issues with it. It does what it was intended to do and looks clean.

#5 ·
I have the Defiant stabilizer and it works great. Installation easy, 30 minutes and it fit perfect. Works great.

#8 ·
It sounds like I'll be getting the Defiant sometime soon. I also agree with everyone that it does look more pleasing to the eyes. Thanks for the opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.