Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 2WD, HO Cummins, 6 Speed Trans with a Bank's 4" Monster Exhaust and Elbow. Also have Superchip onboard. I want to put on an intake manifold and am not sure which one is best. Banks, CFM, AFE, Can you give me your input? Thanks, Big Rig:peelout

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like my AEM dry filter it was not to expensive and easy to put in. I would stay away from oiled filters..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just buy what you can afford to spend, they are really all the same performance wise. I have a $300 AFE on mine with a dry filter like the AEM and Amsoil units. It's nice to have, but no different than the no name unit i had before, the intake tube still has a tiny bit of dust in it after a 10K mile cleaning period.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
You could always go the cheap way and go with a BHAF can usually find them for around 50 bucks you just take out the air box and put this on the end of the intake tube.

·
Registered
661 Posts
you talkin about the intake horn where it goes into the head you may also want to check out ats arc flow and coolertubz on ebay the coolertubz are sweet

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have the ats intake manifold, has 3 pre tapped holes on the back side i beilve, got it prob. 3 years ago, i think they have a different style now. noticed it build boost a little faster, if it gained any power i never noticed. looks good under the hood though.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
for a INTAKE MANIFOLD..the ATS isnt bad at all:thumbsup

·
Registered
343 Posts
O wow i miss read the question.. Sorry about that.. When i get an intake manifold I plan on going with the ATS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again,

I am talking about the air horn that attaches to the head above the intake heater element.

Sorry about the mis-discription. Thanks for the help. I have been looking at the Volant Cold Air Intake.

Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts