Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering purchasing a new intake for my truck. Just wondering what everyone recommends. I'm really just looking for one that will really make my turbo whistle, cuz from what I've read they really don't help increase mpg or hp till you start adding other stuff. Also I took the baffle out of the stock intake, will the new intake be any louder?

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes it will be louder but for witch one i dont know i know that afe makes a really good one and if i had the money thats the one i would go with but since i dont im just getting the BHAF and also did you take out your turbo silincer ring that will make your turbo louder to

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it will be louder but for witch one i dont know i know that afe makes a really good one and if i had the money thats the one i would go with but since i dont im just getting the BHAF and also did you take out your turbo silincer ring that will make your turbo louder to
No I didn't take the silencer ring out, you have to drill out the dowels on the 6.7, and I'm not sure I wanna mess with that. I'm kinda leaning towards the afe, can you do the BHAF with the 6.7?

·
Registered
35 Posts
another vote for aFe

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm seriously considering purchasing a new intake for my truck. Just wondering what everyone recommends. I'm really just looking for one that will really make my turbo whistle, cuz from what I've read they really don't help increase mpg or hp till you start adding other stuff. Also I took the baffle out of the stock intake, will the new intake be any louder?
From what I've read around here, you might want to be careful enhancing the intake unless you remove the restriction on the exhaust. Turbos are a bit delicate... Your sig suggests that's where you're headed. :beer

·
Registered
460 Posts
A lot of folks have talked about the icebox with the nano filter from Amsoil and after reading everything I personally found in here...i'm going with the Icebox, with the torque tube and Nano filtration...eventually. :$:

I want to drop the muffler and figure out something with the cat w/o illuminating it entirely before I go buy this thing tho...i'm really just aiming for that Smarty, but I think i have a little more prep work before i'm ready to plug that sucker in.

:peelout:peelout:peelout

·
Registered
491 Posts
No I didn't take the silencer ring out, you have to drill out the dowels on the 6.7, and I'm not sure I wanna mess with that. I'm kinda leaning towards the afe, can you do the BHAF with the 6.7?
yes you can and there only like $30 to $70 so its a win win im going to get mine 2moro

·
Registered
331 Posts
AFE if you want to hear the turbo

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what do you do for the BHAF, just remove the airbox and use the stock torque tube and put a BHAF on the end of it? Will all the sensors still hook up? I haven't looked at it closely.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I vote ice box. I have a afe and the ice box is much better product. I will be going to an ice box as soon as I get some extra cash!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
AFE hands down.... :w:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts