Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy seen my stroker smokin the sh!t out of things so now he wants injectors too....i just dont know what size for him to get....or what brand...he doesnt want to spend to much money...its a 96 cummins...stock everything...he says the pump is turned all the way up but i know he is full of it...it puffs a tiny bit of smoke..haha its funny...i smoke more when i start.....but let me know what are some good cheap smokin injectors.....

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
wow you can smoke dont you feel special that you can waste fuel and he can burn what hes dumping in :D (i cant believe people brag about poor transient fuel tuning...)

If he wants cheap smokey injectors find some 370 marines. they have a godaweful spray pattern for the dish on these pistons and smoke like hell, create super high egts and need to be watched pretty closely.

If he wants to actually make some power instead of wasting the fuel, look into some more quality injectors like DDPs

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i like smoke.....not bad timing....just a lot of fuel...i have some hot tunes on my chip....i also guarentee that when hooked to the sled i can out drag it....its not me its the injectors...they are made to add 150hp....not much but itll do for now....you'd have to know this kid to understand why i smoked him out....1 day he will say he gets 26mpg and the next its 10...and im not joking those are the #'s he has told me.....im not sure what he is after i think he was just pissed that my truck out performs his.....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
my 97 has the afc housing full forward and the stock fuel plate slid ahead and it smokes pretty heavy when you stomp it, or lug it and stab the pedal. I haven't touched it since i got it last week. Supposedly all that has been done and 4 inch straight piped exhaust.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I properly tuned 2nd gen 12v p-pump will have more torque than a 94' PSD even with stock injectors. Smoking somebody out is not what diesel performance is all about. Like said above, do something about it, clean that smoke up and turn it into hp and torque. FYI 24-26mpg is very possible with 12v and if he only getting 10 then the timing has slipped. Why is he not on here asking what to get? Dont be an a$$ and talk him down. Be a bud and wrench together and learn together on each others rides. Learn to respect each other and your rides capabilities. My dad had a 97' PSD 4x4 with Superchips and injectors with built tranny was fast as hell. But for trips and towing he used his 12v for the mpg and pulling power.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we arent really buddy buddy anymore...he always talks about my truck when i know i run more power and torque....there is no question about it...he is all about the body lookin perfect....i want power...hell with the body..its a sleeper....no body really wants to be friends with him.....he thinks b/c he has money his truck is the shizz....but its not....there is multiple trucks that i know that would blow mine away....im humble enough to say it...but i know i can keep up with a 24v....i did today after school with another buddy of mine....haha it was a good time....you could not see any thin behind us....and he has alot of $$$$ in his truck.....just cause it smokes dont mean its broke.....i have the power the smoke just came with it....there is no way i could clean up all the smoke....maybe alittle with a huge ol' turbo......:drool2:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
we arent really buddy buddy anymore...he always talks about my truck when i know i run more power and torque....there is no question about it...he is all about the body lookin perfect....i want power...hell with the body..its a sleeper....no body really wants to be friends with him.....he thinks b/c he has money his truck is the shizz....but its not....there is multiple trucks that i know that would blow mine away....im humble enough to say it...but i know i can keep up with a 24v....i did today after school with another buddy of mine....haha it was a good time....you could not see any thin behind us....and he has alot of $$$$ in his truck.....just cause it smokes dont mean its broke.....i have the power the smoke just came with it....there is no way i could clean up all the smoke....maybe alittle with a huge ol' turbo......:drool2:

Or two ?? :hehe:
There is always a way to clean up the smoke dont kid yourself, i have a 12v thats a smoker. I could think of numerous ways to clear it up ! :S:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
idk with the stroker....i've seen the same trucks that i have with the H2E which is the turbo off a 10.1 cummins i believe....and they still roll coal....if i really wanted too.....i could get tunes with less fueling....but that aint gonna happen.....twins a stroker would be hard to do i would think....not a bad idea though....maybe ill look into that...doubt it will happen....i wanted to put a 35/40 combo on it but everyone with a stroker said no good....so then i was like well why not a HX52 manual waste gate....but again got lots of no's....so now my buddy has an Aurora 5000.....we are gonna try to see if i can spool it......

·
Registered
10 Posts
just installed a set of ddp 75hp injectors in my 96 dodge and they work great with what is in my sig....they don't smoke bad until wide open throttle and is still not bad.....great bang for the buck

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
idk with the stroker....i've seen the same trucks that i have with the H2E which is the turbo off a 10.1 cummins i believe....and they still roll coal....if i really wanted too.....i could get tunes with less fueling....but that aint gonna happen.....twins a stroker would be hard to do i would think....not a bad idea though....maybe ill look into that...doubt it will happen....i wanted to put a 35/40 combo on it but everyone with a stroker said no good....so then i was like well why not a HX52 manual waste gate....but again got lots of no's....so now my buddy has an Aurora 5000.....we are gonna try to see if i can spool it......
Dude come on, Look into Wide Open Performance, Zane has a 10 second power stroke and it barely smokes except right off the line and when staging. Made like 800 hp and that was before his bigger turbo and some other tunes, i know he was very very close to 900 hp. And i mean it barely smokes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is your buddy old enough to drive?

·
Registered
136 Posts
murphy you aint kiddin. Zane's PSD is bad a$$!!!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good for him....my truck smokes...i like smoke.....i want a bigger turbo for more power but i will never get rid of my smoke....maybe that is just a nw ohio thing...everyone here that drives a diesel has smoke...my buddies stroker is only sittin at 550-600 with water/meth....he smokes.....alot.......but yeah my tunes are fueled up....that was the way i got them made....i wanted a lot of fuel...i figured if you have the fuel that is the main thing to makin power.....now i want to see if i can spool that aurora or not.....

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but any way back to my op....what is a good brand that is relativily cheap....he doesnt want to spend all that much....but wants alittle bit of power and some smoke to blow......my cuzin also wants some injectors but is less worried about smoke...he has 60# gov spring and 40horse injectors....but wants bigger ones....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think you mean 60# valve springs

its a 12v he wants smoke and power ?
go to ebay buy a $25 boost elbow and take the fuelp late out altogether.
Move the afc housing full forward(or gut it) and crank the starwheel all the way.
325 plus horsepower and 675 ft lbs plus so for $25 with smoke to boot. Enough power to fry the stock clutch or eat a stock auto tranny. No need for injectors if he just wants smoke.

As i said my truck does not have 1 aftermarket part on it and it will blow smoke full size of the pipe and do a 2nd gear burnout. I think i could do a 3rd gear if the clutch would hold.

I'm gonna actually crank down the starwheel or move the afc back a bit to clear up some of the low boost smoke.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no he said gov springs...i know thats what he said...b/c i know he has never touched the actual engine....good runnin truck..looks like sh!t but runs good....i dont know that much about all that cummins mechanical stuff...but i konw he said 60# gov springs...that may not be what he ment....but i know he has the gov springs changed....and a 4000rpm thing too.....

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
idk...maybe he means valve springs and his gov springs arethe 4000 rev things......

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
idk...maybe he means valve springs and his gov springs arethe 4000 rev things......
yup thats the only possibility
60# valve springs and a 4000 rpm pump govenor spring.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just get some marine 370's adds OK power but it'll fill the sky with smoke

1 - 20 of 29 Posts