Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which fog lights are the bomb?

876 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SouthernStyle 
#1 ·
hey guys:beer i have been working 60 hours aweek for 9 weeks know and i finally get a break and i was going through wonderful Wyoming and had a hell of a snow storm and made me want to get some fog lghts i want to put on some killer fog lights on my rig! i have a ranch hand bumber and i saw some pics of just running the studed bolt through the mesh on the bumber and i want to keep the factory switch as an on switch is this impossible:$:

#2 ·
it is possible, i used the switch to turn the lights for my gauges on, all you have to do is find the right wire that is hot when the switch is on what ever setting you want your fog's to turn on at, also might want to think about running a relay or fuse to them if your going to use that switch so you dont run to much power an start frying wires

as far as fog lights i just use my factory one's but on some jeeps i have been in have the piaa and the are really bright also good old kc's are pretty good with the day lighter bulbs

#3 ·
gotta love the wyoming weather.... i'm running 4" aircraft landing lights. i have a custom front bumper cut out for fog lights. i use the factory switch and have an aux. switch wired in to run them on high beem too.

#4 ·
I'm running PIAA 510's with the ion crystal lens, they put out an amber beam, and they work great in snow and fog. with a little modification they fit right into the factory fog light holes of a sport bumper.
These 510's ground through the light housing, this will pose a problem when using the factory fog lamp switch because the switch is on the ground side, and the light will stay on all the time.
You can either inslulate the fog light from the bumper, or re-wire the fog light circuit, which really isn't that hard to do.
OR you can use the switch and wiring harness that comes w/ the 510's

Dontcha love springtime inthe rockies? we got a foot of snow here on tuesday!!! WTF?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.