Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a exhuast i dont know who to go with? 5" or 6" iam really not planning to use more then my smarty at 70hp tops. What brand???? I dont want it too loud in the cab I have a lil 5 month old.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
if you don't want it to loud stay with the factory 4". change the muffler to a good free flowing one and get rid of cat if not gone already. 5 or 6 in straight through are loud.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
if you don't want it to loud stay with the factory 4". change the muffler to a good free flowing one and get rid of cat if not gone already. 5 or 6 in straight through are loud.

Yep I agree. My 5" Turbo Back is LOUD...not so much at idle but as soon as I hit the skinny pedal that thing screams :woot:. I would say stick with the 4" and a good muffler like said above and you will be happy...or even a 5" with a good muffler will give it a nice tone.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just installed a 5" Turbo Back Farmboy's Exhaust today...and I would HIGHLY recommend it. It's louder than stock, but not too loud.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I have a 5" TBE with a muffler and at low speed and idle it is kinda loud but cruising it is fine, really quiet. Mine is a Diesel Performance Systems.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mbrp

I like my 409 SS MBRP 4" TB straight pipe system w/silverline 6" black chrome tip, I get lots of compliments on the tip:thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts