Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which exhaust

1611 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  DSTRBD
hey everyone im new here my parents just gave me there 2004.5 dodge cummins. im looking into and exhaust for the truck. i was thinking of mbrp single 4" turbo back for the smokers exhaust for the truck. do you guys think this exhaust company is good.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
That is a good pick. I would also check out the silverline system. That's what I have and it has been great. Especially for the price.

· Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its an 04.5 i was thinking of doing that taking the muffler and the cat out n making it a straight pipe

· Registered
353 Posts
I wouldn't spend my money on 4" your truck came stock with it already. Just buy a muffler like stated above and ditch the cat. Or if you want to spend the money buy 5" budget exhaust from one of the vendors. I have been running my truck with out a muffler for 2 years I'm finally ready for a change and gonna try FDB 5" you can't beat the price.

· Registered
144 Posts
hey everyone im new here my parents just gave me there 2004.5 dodge cummins. im looking into and exhaust for the truck. i was thinking of mbrp single 4" turbo back for the smokers exhaust for the truck. do you guys think this exhaust company is good.
I have the AERO 4040 and love the sound.

· Registered
128 Posts
I love my FBD 5" turbo back with muffler. It sounds mean enough when you hit the throttle, but doesn't drone you to death pulling trailers up a mountain. My EGT's dropped roughly 200 degrees pulling our 5er with the FBD kit. You can't beat it for the price.

· Registered
2,137 Posts
i had a 4 " silverline muff. w/o a cat & my truck had a major drone issue... so last week i installed a FBD 5" w/ muffler & it has been the best money spent in a long time. Sounds flat out mean...deep rumble ..no cab drone.... & loud as heck when you get on it.

· Registered
251 Posts
Im all for the FBD 5" Sounds AWESOME and No drone. Get an intake system for the truck and ditch the silencer ring and youll really love the sound.

· Premium Member
586 Posts
MBRP makes some of the nicest, best fitting kits out there. They are not a "budget" kit so you will pay a little more for them. They use welded on hangers and one piece tail sections which work and fit much better. Let me know if I can help with anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.