Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I think it's going to be clutch time soon. I'm starting to hear some noises from around the bell housing. As a member of CF I've read a lot of post on clutches ( horse power, torque, double disc, single disc) but what I don't seem to hear is the day to day driving. My truck takes us everywhere we go, it pulls a 7000lb event trailer. It goes off road, it even sees a little rock crawling and water (creeks & streams crossing) I guess my question is, can I get a good strong clutch that I can keep my foot on the petal for hours with out my leg going num? Any input is welcome and needed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still need some input on clutches:popcorn:

·
Registered
661 Posts
i would look into southbend or valair i think the southbend ofe would be a good upgrade

·
Registered
99 Posts
Give Terry a call at powerparts engeneering at 740-659-2072. He has a single disc ceramic button clutch for like 600 bucks and it is great bang for the buck. Half the price of a sbc while holdin more horsepower. Or he has a dd he can build to your specs that is on a modified stock flywheel for 1350. I bunch of my buddies are running this clutch and it works great too. Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts